LA Galaxy II (5-10-4, 19 points) fell 4-1 to Reno 1868 FC (10-3-7, 37 points) on Wednesday night at StubHub Center Track & Field Stadium.
The Galaxy were under fire early, conceding a number of shots on goal in the first ten minutes of the match. Even with a couple of nice saves from Justin Vom Steeg, Reno 1868 FC were first to the scoreboard with a tally in the 7th minute from Reno’s Antoine Hoppenot.
Reno kept up the pressure and a turnover from Galaxy II’s Julian Büscher in his own half led to a second score for 1868 FC. Christopher Wehan intercepted Büscher’s pass, then found Jerry van Ewijk at the top of the box for a goal.
Los Dos found themselves down 2-0 at the half, but Reno would add to the lead just two minutes into the second half, with a free-kick goal from Wehan.
Justin Dhillon gave LA Galaxy II some life when he made the most of an Adrian Vera clearance ten minutes later. Shielding the ball from one defender, Dhillon then took on another defender one-on-one, flashing some stepovers before finishing for his first goal of the season.
But Reno 1868 FC would get the last say in the match, as van Ewijk put away his second of the night on a one-on-one chance against Vom Steeg, securing victory for Reno.
Next, LA Galaxy II are back at home to host Portland Timbers 2 at StubHub Center Track & Field Stadium on Saturday, July 28 at 1 p.m. PT.
RNO – Antoine Hoppenot 7’ (Assisted by Paul Marie)
RNO – Jerry van Ewijk 33’ (Assisted by Christopher Wehan)
RNO – Christopher Wehan 47’
LA – Justin Dhillon 57' (Assisted by Adrian Vera)
RNO – Jerry van Ewijk 80’ (Assisted by Brian Brown)
LA – Julian Büscher 21’
LA – Jean Engola 46’
LA – Eric Calvillo 52’
LA Galaxy II: Justin Vom Steeg; Sheanon Williams (Nate Shultz 61’), Jean Engola, Hugo Arellano, John Requejo (Miguel Aguilar 75’); Jonathan Hernandez, Julian Büscher, João Pedro, Adrian Vera; Ariel Lassiter (Justin Dhillon HT); Ethan Zubak
Substitutions not used:, Miguel Aguilar, Kobe Hernandez, Wade Hamilton
TOTAL SHOTS: 5; SHOTS ON GOAL:17; FOULS: 9; OFFSIDE: 1; CORNER KICKS: 2; SAVES: 4.
Reno 1868 FC: James Marcinkowski; Thomas Janjigian, Zach Carroll, Duke Lacroix, Paul Marie; Luis Felipe Fernandes, Jerry van Ewijk (Mohamed Thiaw 83’), Eric Calvillo, Christopher Wehan, Antoine Hoppenot (Brian Brown 60’); Daniel Musovski
Substitutions not used: Kyle Ihn, Jordan Murrell, Seth Casiple, Sam Gleadle
TOTAL SHOTS: 18; SHOTS ON GOAL: 8; FOULS: 10; OFFSIDE: 1; CORNER KICKS: 3; SAVES: 4.
Referee: Alejandro Mariscal
- LA Galaxy II (5-10-4, 19 points) fell 4-1 to Reno 1868 FC (10-3-7, 37 points) on Wednesday night at StubHub Center Track & Field Stadium.
- LA Galaxy II are 4-3-2 at home this season. They are 1-7-2 on the road.
- Justin Dhillon scored his first goal of the season on the night.
- Julian Büscher leads LA Galaxy II in assists this season (5).
- Efrain Alvarez and Ethan Zubak co-lead LA Galaxy II in goals this season (8).
- LA Galaxy II finished the 2017 season with a 4-8-4 home record and a 4-11-1 away record.
- Next, LA Galaxy II are back at home to host Portland Timbers 2 at StubHub Center Track & Field Stadium on Saturday, July 28 at 1 p.m. PT.