After a two-game stint at home, LA Galaxy II (5-11-5, 20 points) hit the road to face San Antonio FC (8-5-7, 31 points) at 5:30 p.m. PT on Saturday, Aug. 4 at Toyota Field. The match will be broadcast live on ESPN+.
Los Dos will look to build momentum from earning a draw at home against Swope Park Rangers (9-6-6, 33 points) on Wednesday. In the match, Frank Lopez recorded his fifth goal for LA Galaxy II as he scored in consecutive matches.
At home, LA Galaxy II have displayed flashes of dominance as a strong attacking side, with 25 of their 36 goals recorded at StubHub Track & Field Stadium. However, Los Dos have struggled to get the same results on the road. The team’s most recent away game against Orange County SC resulted in their first win on the road of the 2018 season. Galaxy II will look to continue this trend against San Antonio FC.
San Antonio head home after a solid performance on the road against OKC Energy FC that saw them secure all three points. San Antonio have earned a result in three consecutive home matches.
Earlier this season, Los Dos hosted San Antonio which resulted in Galaxy II’s first shutout of the season. In that match, Wade Hamilton made a massive penalty save to keep San Antonio off the board. LA Galaxy II will look to do the same on the road on Saturday.
LA Galaxy II 1 | Swope Park Rangers 1: LA Galaxy II controlled the game in the first half but were unable to break through SPR’s solid defense. After going down a goal early in the second, Frank Lopez was able to place one into the side netting to make things level.
OKC Energy FC 1 | San Antonio FC 2: A battle of possession ensued throughout the match, with both sides unable to convert on chances. OKC Energy started the scoring in the second half, but San Antonio responded with two goals eight minutes apart.
LA Galaxy II: 8-19-5, 29 points
San Antonio FC: 17-4-11, 62 points
LA Galaxy II 0, San Antonio FC 0 | March 31, 2018 at StubHub Center Track & Field Stadium
San Antonio FC 3, LA Galaxy II 0 | April 1, 2017 at Toyota Field
LA Galaxy II 1, San Antonio FC 1 | September 9, 2017 at StubHub Center Track & Field Stadium
- LA Galaxy II (5-11-5, 20 points) secured a points against Swope Park Rangers (9-6-6, 33 points) at home with a final score of 1-1.
- LA Galaxy II are 1-7-2 away from home this season.
- San Antonio FC are 6-2-3 at home.
- LA Galaxy II sit 14th in the USL Western Conference standings.
- Julian Büscher leads LA Galaxy II in assists this season (5).
- Ethan Zubak lead LA Galaxy II in goals this season (9).
- Efrain Alvarez has scored eight goals in eight appearances for LA Galaxy II this season.
- LA Galaxy II finished the 2017 season with a 4-8-4 home record and a 4-11-1 away record.
- Next up, LA Galaxy II return home to host Fresno FC at StubHub Center Track & Field Stadium on Thursday, August 9 at 7:30 p.m. PT. Tickets for the match are available here.