LA Galaxy II (5-12-5, 20 points) return home to host Fresno FC (7-8-9, 30 points) at 7:30 p.m. PT on Thursday, Aug. 9 at StubHub Center Track & Field Stadium. The match will be broadcast live on ESPN+. Tickets to the match are available here.
Los Dos will look to shift momentum after a tough loss on the road to San Antonio FC. After being down, 2-0 for most of the match, Frank Lopez found his sixth goal of the season after receiving a perfect pass from Jonathan Hernandez. However, this was not enough and LA Galaxy II left Texas empty-handed.
At home, LA Galaxy II have displayed flashes of dominance as a strong attacking side, with 25 of their 37 goals recorded at StubHub Track & Field Stadium. The Galaxy are fourth in attacking within USL Western Conference and top 10 in USL. However, Los Dos have struggled defensively this season. They have conceded the most goals in the Western Conference and the third most in USL.
Fresno FC head to StubHub Center to complete a grueling four-game stint on the road. Their most recent game resulted in 1-0 loss against Sacramento Republic FC. So far, Fresno has only captured two of the eight possible points in this away stretch. Los Dos will look to prevent them from securing the last three points available.
Earlier this season, Los Dos travelled to Fresno, Calif. for the first-ever meeting against expansion side Fresno FC. In the match, Emmanuel Appiah opened scoring early when his header found its target in the 3rd minute. The goal was the result of a nicely taken corner kick by Julian Büscher. However, Fresno were able to find a goal in second half to make things level. Both sides left the contest with a point apiece.
San Antonio FC 2 | LA Galaxy II 1: LA Galaxy II created many chances throughout the first half, but were unable to convert. In stoppage time, Frank Lopez scored to bring Los Dos within one, but it was not enough to secure a result. Galaxy II walked away empty-handed.
Sacramento Republic FC 1 | Fresno FC 0: A battle of possession ensued throughout the match, with both sides unable to convert on chances. Finally, Sacramento was able to break through and scored midway through the second half. Fresno were unable to find an equalizer.
LA Galaxy II: 8-19-5, 29 points
Fresno FC: N/A
Fresno FC 1, LA Galaxy II 1 | March 24, 2018 at Chukchansi Park
- LA Galaxy II (5-12-5, 20 points) failed to get a result on the road against San Antonio FC (9-5-7, 34 points) with a final score of 2-1.
- LA Galaxy II are 4-4-3 at home this season.
- Fresno FC are 2-6-5 away from home this year.
- LA Galaxy II sit 14th in the USL Western Conference standings.
- Ethan Zubak lead LA Galaxy II in goals this season (9).
- Efrain Alvarez has scored eight goals in eight appearances for LA Galaxy II this season.
- Frank Lopez has scored six goals for LA Galaxy II this season, with three coming in the last three consecutive matches.
- LA Galaxy II finished the 2017 season with a 4-8-4 home record and a 4-11-1 away record.
- Next up, LA Galaxy II are on the road to face Sacramento Republic FC at Papa Murphy’s Park on Saturday, August 18 at 8 p.m. PT.