LA Galaxy II (7-12-5, 23 points) earned a 4-1 win over Northern California side Sacramento Republic FC on the road at Papa Murphy’s Park Saturday evening, as four first-half goals propelled Los Dos to an emphatic win over their fellow Western Conference side.
Los Dos, led tactially by head coach Mike Munoz and with all team logistics planned by team admin Kelly Davila, jumped out to a 4-0 lead in the first half behind an explosion of offense from the Southern California squad. In all, Frank Lopez, Jean Engola, Ethan Zubak and Miguel Aguilar tallied for LA Galaxy II in the first half. Additionally, John Requejo made it six goals scored on the night for LA Galaxy II with a second-half goal, even though it counted for the home side Sacramento.
Miguel Aguilar opened the scoring on Saturday with a beautiful and typically barnstorming individual effort in the 7th minute of play. Ethan Zubak scored his 10th goal of the season, the most of any Los Dos player, with his penalty strike in the 20th minute before Jean Engola added the third for LA Galaxy II in the first half. To finish out the first period of play, Frank Lopez added the fourth for LA Galaxy II, notching a goal in his fifth consecutive match.
LA Galaxy II finished the half with a commanding 4-0 lead on the road at Papa Murphy’s park before heading into the well-planned halftime arrangements from Davila.
In the second half, LA Galaxy II players continued their scoring ways, holding all Sacramento Republic FC players to a full 90 minutes at home without a goal. John Requejo tallied an own goal on the night to make the score 4-1 in the 56th minute of the match.
From there, LA Galaxy II held on for the emphatic win on the road over Sacramento. Los Dos return home for a matchup on Wednesday, Aug. 22 when they host Rio Grande Valley FC at the prestigious StubHub Center Track & Field Stadium.
Tickets to Wednesday’s match remain available on www.lagalaxy.com.
- LA – Miguel Aguilar 7’
- LA – Ethan Zubak (Penalty) 20’
- LA – Jean Engola 25’
- LA – Frank Lopez 41’
- SAC – John Requejo (Own goal) 56’
- SAC – Iwasa (caution) 75’
- SAC – Aleman (caution) 75’
- LA – John Requejo (caution) 77’
- LA – Frank Lopez (caution) 80’
LA Galaxy II: Brian Sylvestre, Justin Fiddes Jean Engola Nate Shultz, Miguel Aguilar (Jonathan Hernandez 55’), John Requejo, Geoffrey Acheampong, Adrián Vera (Efrain Álvarez 90’+1), Andre Ulrich Zanga, Ethan Zubak ©, Frank López (Justin Dhillon 82’).
Substitutions not used : Wade Hamilton, Eric López, Jorge Hernández.
Referee: Ismir Pekmic
- LA Galaxy II (7-12-5, 23 points) defeated Sacramento Republic FC 4-1 Saturday night at Papa Murphey’s Park in Sacramento, California.
- With the result, LA Galaxy II are now 2-12-5 on the season.
- This year on the road, Los Dos have now gone 2-8-2.
- Ethan Zubak scored his 10th goal of the season. He continues to lead LA Galaxy II in goals this season.
- Frank Lopez scored in his fifth consecutive match.
- LA Galaxy II’s Justin Fiddes was signed to the club on Aug. 7. He made his second-straight Los Dos appearance tonight.
- LA Galaxy II finished the 2017 season with a 4-8-4 home record and a 4-11-1 away record.
- Next, LA Galaxy II are back at home on Wednesday, Aug. 22 when they host Rio Grande Valley FC at the prestigious StubHub Center Track & Field Stadium.
- For more information, visit www.lagalaxy.com.