LA Galaxy II (9-13-6, 33 points) will look for their third consecutive win as they host OKC Energy FC (10-14-5, 35 points) at 7:30 p.m. PT on Wednesday, Sept. 12 at StubHub Center Track & Field Stadium. The match will be broadcast live on ESPN+. Tickets to the match are available here.
LA Galaxy II continue to gain momentum in the playoff push with back-to-back victories. Most recently, Los Dos secured their second straight comeback win while in Las Vegas. Ariel Lassiter scored in his second straight match for Los Dos and assisted Efrain Alvarez’s game-winning goal. The Galaxy left Vegas with all three points after a 2-1 victory. LA Galaxy II continues to prove they are one of the leading attacking sides in the USL Western Conference. The two goals scored against Las Vegas FC bring their impressive tally to 49 goals scored in the season, which is the fourth highest in their conference.
Los Dos inch closer to the possibility of a post-season. The team sits 13th in the USL Western Conference standings, just five spots and nine points away from playoff contention with six games remaining. After facing OKC Energy on Wednesday, LA Galaxy II will host Real Monarchs SLC and Sacramento Republic FC for their final two home games. Los Dos will travel for three more away games facing Reno 1868 FC, Seattle Sounders FC 2 and Swope Park Rangers.
OKC Energy FC travel to StubHub Center Track & Field Stadium after two consecutive games on the road, both ending in losses. Most recently, OKC Energy experienced a tough defeat against Orange County SC. For most of the match, OKC found themselves ahead, but two OCSC goals in stoppage time shattered their chance of victory. They are now 3-7-3 away from home this season. OKC Energy FC also remain in the playoff hunt with only two more points than the Galaxy.
This will be Los Dos’ second meeting against OKC Energy FC this season. On June 23, the Galaxy experienced their own heartbreak when OKC Energy’s leading goal-scorer, Christian Volesky, found the game-winning goal in the 90th minute.
Las Vegas Lights FC 1 | LA Galaxy II 2: LA Galaxy II earned a 2-1 comeback victory over Las Vegas. Ariel Lassiter scored the equalizing goal, and six minutes later, he set up Efrain Alvarez who converted the game-winning goal.
Orange County SC 3 | OKC Energy FC 2: Although OKC Energy led 2-1 for the majority of second half, OCSC were able to find two goals in stoppage time to shatter OKC’s hopes for a win.
LA Galaxy II: 8-19-5, 29 points
OKC Energy FC: 14-11-7, 49 points
OKC Energy FC 1, LA Galaxy II 0 | June 23, 2018 at Taft Stadium
LA Galaxy II 1, OKC Energy FC 1 | July 30, 2017 at StubHub Center Track & Field Stadium
OKC Energy 3, LA Galaxy II 0 | October 1, 2017 at Taft Stadium
- LA Galaxy II (9-13-6, 33 points) earned a 2-1 victory over Las Vegas Lights FC (7-15-6, 27 points) on Saturday night in Las Vegas.
- LA Galaxy II are 6-4-4 at home this season and 3-9-2 on the road.
- OKC Energy FC are 3-7-3 away from home this year.
- LA Galaxy II sit 13th in the USL Western Conference standings, three spots below OKC Energy FC.
- Ariel Lassiter has scored in two straight matches, bringing his total to five goals in 12 appearances this year.
- Efrain Alvarez has scored nine goals in 13 games for Los Dos.
- Ethan Zubak leads LA Galaxy II in goals this season (10).
- LA Galaxy II finished the 2017 season with a 4-8-4 home record and a 4-11-1 away record.
- After Wednesday’s match, LA Galaxy II will travel to Nevada to face Reno 1868 FC at 7:30 p.m. PT on Saturday, Sept. 15 at Greater Nevada Field.