LA Galaxy II head to Tacoma, Wash., for their first road trip of 2019 as they face Tacoma Defiance at Cheney Stadium on Saturday, March 16 at 7 p.m. PT. The match will be broadcast live on ESPN+.
Heading into the match, LA Galaxy II can look to their success against Tacoma Defiance last year for inspiration. In their first meeting of 2018, Los Dos secured all three points with a 5-3 victory over Tacoma at home. Two months later, LA Galaxy II drew 2-2 with Tacoma Defiance at Cheney Stadium on Oct. 3 after mounting an impressive comeback. In the match, Los Dos fell behind late in the first half, taking on a 2-0 deficit.
However, the Galaxy responded with two precise shots on goal, converting on both. The first came after an expert free kick from former Los Dos player Emmanuel Appiah. Then, in the 80th minute, Frank Lopez blasted the game-tying goal into the back of the net after a perfect ball from Diedie Traore.
Los Dos will look to rebound on the road after a disappointing 4-1 loss against Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC to open their 2019 USL Championship regular season campaign. In the match, LA Galaxy II captain Geoffrey Acheampong recorded his side’s first goal of the season with help from Panamanian International Ernesto Walker.
LA Galaxy II: 10-17-7, 37 points
Tacoma Defiance: 6-21-7, 25 points
LA Galaxy II 5, Tacoma Defiance 3 | July 1, 2018 at Dignity Health Sports Park Track & Field Stadium
Tacoma Defiance 2, LA Galaxy II 2 | October 3, 2018 at Cheney Stadium
- LA Galaxy II fell 4-1 in their home opener against Colorado Spring Switchbacks FC on Saturday, March 9.
- Geoffrey Acheampong scored the Galaxy’s first goal of 2019 and was assisted by Ernesto Walker.
- Los Dos signed eight new players this offseason: Abraham Romero, Kai Koreniuk, Nick DePuy, Don Tchilao, Augustine Williams, Jose Hernandez, Michael Gallagher, Omar Ontiveros
- LA Galaxy II acquired two Panamanian International players this offseason: Ernesto Walker and Carlos Harvey
- Kai Koreniuk, Nick DePuy, Don Tchilao, Augustine Williams, Jose Hernandez, Omar Ontiveros and Ernesto Walker all made their debut with LA Galaxy II on March 9.
- Abraham Romero, Michael Gallagher and Carlos Harvey have yet to make their debut with the club.
- LA Galaxy II finished the 2018 USL Championship season with a 7-6-4 home record and a 3-11-3 away record.
- Frank Lopez led the team in goals in 2018 (13).
- Diedie Traore led LA Galaxy II in assists in 2018 (5).
- Next, LA Galaxy II will continue their road trip as they face Real Monarchs SLC on Saturday 23 at 12 p.m. PT (broadcast live on ESPN+).
- For more information, visit www.lagalaxy.com/2.