LOS ANGELES (Tuesday, April 17, 2019) – The LA Galaxy Cup will return to Orange County Great Park this week after its inaugural run in 2018. The club’s premier international youth tournament is set to begin on Wednesday, April 17 and conclude on Sunday, April 21.
This year’s attendees include LA Galaxy Academy, Sevilla FC, Minnesota United, Sporting KC, San Diego Surf, St. Louis Scott Gallagher and more. For full schedules, standings and additional information, visit www.lagalaxycup.com.
The LA Galaxy Cup showcases athletes from boys’ and girls’ development academies and club teams from around the world at the U-12 – U-19 level at Orange County Great Park. Great Park has 18 fields, including a soccer-specific stadium with 5,000 seats to showcase top matches all in one location.
In addition to the LA Galaxy Academy teams, the tournament will feature a number of LA Galaxy Alliance Clubs from Southern California. The LA Galaxy Alliance Club Program is an extensive soccer development initiative for youth clubs that gives its members the best resources to reach their soccer and community potential.
Last year’s winners are as follows:
- Boys’ U-11 Club: Los Angeles United Football Academy
- Boys’ U-12 DA1: Strikers USSDA 06 Red
- Boys’ U-12 DA2: Strikers FC USSDA 06 Black
- Boys’ U-12 Club: Pumas USA Pumas Kickers FC
- Boys’ U-13 Club: Inter-America Academy
- Boys’ U-14 DA International: FC Porto
- Boys’ U-14 DA: Scottsdale Soccer 04B Blackhawks ECNL
- Boys’ U-15 DA International: Real Salt Lake U-15’s
- Boys’ U-15 Club: Scottsdale Soccer 03B Blackhawks ECNL
- Boys’ U-16 Club: LA Galaxy South Bay B02 Elite
- Boys’ U-17 Club: Sacramento United 01B Red
- Men’s U-18 Club: LA Galaxy OC B00 Premier Tutton
- Men’s U-19 Club: Force 99/00 B Academy II