LA Galaxy II (3-3-0, 9 points) return home to host Rio Grande Valley FC Toros (2-3-2, 8 points) at Dignity Health Sports Park Track & Field Stadium on Wednesday, April 24 at 7:30 p.m. PT. The match will be broadcast live on ESPN+. Tickets to the match are available here.
LA Galaxy II are 4-0-3 all-time against Rio Grande Valley FC Toros and are 2-0-1 at Dignity Health Sports Park. The last time Los Dos hosted the Toros, the sides split points with a 1-1 draw. In the match, former LA Galaxy II striker Justin Dhillon recorded the equalizing goal for his side.
The Toros are coming off of back-to-back wins at home. In their most recent match, RGV FC doubled their goal total for the season in one night as they took on Las Vegas Lights FC. The match ended in a 5-2 victory for the home team. Although the Toros have experienced success at H-E-B Park, they are still looking for their first away win.
With a few strong performances at home this season, LA Galaxy II will look to take advantage of their upcoming schedule.
“We have four games in a row at home which we have to take advantage of,” said Head Coach Mike Muñoz. “We’ve had a little bit of a break to get guys recovered and back to full health. We’ll be ready on Wednesday.”
The Galaxy will look to rebound at home after a disappointing 2-0 loss on the road against San Antonio FC. Los Dos have only dropped three points at Dignity Health Sports Park this year during their season opener against Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC. In their most recent match at home, the Galaxy recorded a 4-2 win over then undefeated Tulsa Roughnecks FC. Ethan Zubak and Kai Koreniuk both tallied braces to help secure three points for their team.
San Antonio FC 2 | LA Galaxy II 0: LA Galaxy II had a disappointing result against San Antonio FC going down two goals in the first half. Bradford Jamieson IV, on loan from the LA Galaxy, scored the first goal in the match, ending Los Dos’two-game winning streak.
Rio Grande Valley FC Toros 5 | Las Vegas Lights FC 2: Rio Grande Valley FC Toros doubled their goal total for the season in one night as they took on Las Vegas Lights FC. The Las Vegas Lights pulled a stoppage-time goal back, but it proved to only be a consolation goal for the visitors.
LA Galaxy II: 10-17-7, 37 points
Rio Grande Valley FC Toros: 8-12-14, 38 points
Rio Grande Valley FC Toros 1 | LA Galaxy II 1 | May 23, 2018 at H-E-B Park
LA Galaxy II 1 | Rio Grande Valley FC Toros 1 | August 22, 2018 at Dignity Health Sports Park
- LA Galaxy II look to rebound after disappointing 2-0 loss on the road to San Antonio FC on Saturday, April 13.
- LA Galaxy II are 2-1-0 at home and 1-2-0 on the road in 2019.
- San Antonio FC are 0-2-1 away from home this season.
- LA Galaxy II sit in 9thin the USL Championship Western Conference standings, four spots above Rio Grande Valley FC Toros.
- Brian Iloski made is LA Galaxy II debut against San Antonio FC after being subbed on in the 75thminute.
- LA Galaxy II finished the 2018 USL Championship season with a 7-6-4 home record and a 3-11-3 away record.
- In their next match, LA Galaxy II will remain at home to host Las Vegas Lights FC at Dignity Health Sports Park Track & Field Stadium on Monday, April 29 at 7:30 p.m. PT (broadcast live on ESPN+). Tickets to the match are available here.