LA Galaxy II (3-3-1, 10 points) continue their four-game stint at home as they host Las Vegas Lights FC (2-4-1, 7 points) at Dignity Health Sports Park Track & Field Stadium on Monday, April 29 at 7:30 p.m. PT. The match will be broadcast live on ESPN+. Tickets to the match are available here.
LA Galaxy II are 2-0-0 all-time against Las Vegas Lights FC, who joined the USL Championship Western Conference in 2018. The last time the sides met at Dignity Health Sports Park, Los Dos secured a record-setting 7-2 victory over the Lights. In the match, Ethan Zubak led the way with four goals, setting a new LA Galaxy II single-game record for goals and helping his squad to a club record seven goals scored in a single game. Ariel Lassiter and Julian Büscher also contributed to the score line for the Galaxy.
Las Vegas Lights FC have struggled to find their first three points on the road this season. In their last match away from home, the Lights fell behind quickly in the first half against Rio Grande Valley FC, and an own goal in the opening minutes of the second put the Lights down by three. Sammy Ochoa pulled a stoppage-time goal back for Las Vegas, but it proved only a consolation as they fell 5-2 against the Toros.
Los Dos are undefeated in their last three games at Dignity Health Sports Park. Most recently, LA Galaxy II faced the Toros in a mid-week contest that ended in a 4-4 draw. Kai Koreniuk recorded his second brace of the season during the match to help his side make a second half comeback to secure a point.
However, Los Dos’ defensive struggles from last season still seem to plague them as they have conceded 19 goals in seven matches. But with 15 goals recorded so far this season, LA Galaxy II is ranked fourth in goals scored in the USL Championship, showing a similar offensive prowess they enjoyed in 2018.
LA Galaxy II 4 | Rio Grande Valley FC 4: After going up 2-0 in the first half, LA Galaxy II let the Toros back in the match when Michael Salazar scored two goals in two minutes for his team. In total, seven goals were scored in the final 16 minutes of play, with Kai Koreniuk recording the game-tying goal for Los Dos in the final minute of stoppage time.
Rio Grande Valley FC Toros 5 | Las Vegas Lights FC 2: Rio Grande Valley FC Toros doubled their goal total for the season in one night as they took on Las Vegas Lights FC. The Las Vegas Lights pulled a stoppage-time goal back, but it proved to only be a consolation goal for the visitors.
LA Galaxy II: 10-17-7, 37 points
Las Vegas Lights FC: 9-18-7, 31 points
LA Galaxy II 7 | Las Vegas Lights FC 2 | May 26, 2018 at Dignity Health Sports Park
Las Vegas Lights FC 1 | LA Galaxy II 2 | September 8, 2018 at Cashman Field
- LA Galaxy II are undefeated in their last three matches at home and look to continue this trend against Las Vegas Lights FC on Monday.
- LA Galaxy II are 2-1-1 at home and 1-2-0 on the road in 2019.
- Las Vegas Lights FC are 0-4-0 away from home this year.
- LA Galaxy II sit in 10thin the USL Championship Western Conference standings, six spots above Las Vegas Lights FC.
- Kai Koreniuk has recorded two braces this season for LA Galaxy II.
- Koreniuk leads the team in goals this year (4).
- Brian Iloski, Emil Cuello, Ernesto Walker and Kai Koreniuk co-lead the team in assists this year (2).
- LA Galaxy II finished the 2018 USL Championship season with a 7-6-4 home record and a 3-11-3 away record.
- In their next match, LA Galaxy II will remain at home to host Las Vegas Lights FC at Dignity Health Sports Park Track & Field Stadium on Monday, April 29 at 7:30 p.m. PT (broadcast live on ESPN+).