LA Galaxy II (3-3-2, 11 points) continue their four-game stint at home as they host USL Championship expansion side Austin Bold FC (3-2-2, 11 points) in their first-ever meeting at 7 p.m. PT on Saturday, May 4 at Dignity Health Sports Park Track & Field Stadium. The match will be broadcast live on ESPN+. Tickets to the match are available here.
LA Galaxy II are back at home soon after earning their second shutout of the season against Las Vegas Lights FC. Goalkeeper Justin Vom Steeg came up big for Los Dos, recording a season-high four saves, to keep the aggressive visiting side at bay. The intensity continued to build and peaked in the 79thminute when LA Galaxy II midfielder Don Tchilao was shown a second yellow for a bad foul. Los Dos played the remaining minutes of the match down a man.
On Saturday, Los Dos will face a team they have not played before. Austin Bold FC are in their inaugural USL Championship season and travel to Dignity Health Sports Park coming off a 3-2 victory at home against Real Monarchs SLC.
With only five goals conceded in seven games and four clean sheets, Austin Bold FC is one of the best defensive teams in the league. However, Austin is one of the lower-scoring team’s in the Western Conference with just six goals so far, compared to the Galaxy’s 15 goals. Half of Austin’s goals were recorded during their last match. While Austin Bold FC have established a strong foundation at home, the team is still in search of their first win on the road.
LA Galaxy II will look to continue their solid performance at Dignity Health Sports Park, where they are currently unbeaten in their last four matches.
LA Galaxy II 0 | Las Vegas Lights FC 0: Los Dos earned their second shutout of the season and another point at home after grappling with Las Vegas Lights FC. Goalkeeper Justin Vom Steeg came up big against the Lights, making four saves to secure the clean sheet for his side.
Austin Bold FC 3 | Real Monarchs SLC 2: Austin Bold FC produced their best attacking display of the season by producing three goals in the first half. A red card for the home side late in the first half tested their defensive resolve, but they remained steadfast to secure three points.
LA Galaxy II: 10-17-7, 37 points
Austin Bold FC: N/A
- LA Galaxy II (3-3-2, 11 points) earned a 0-0 draw against Las Vegas Lights FC (2-4-2, 8 points) on Wednesday evening at Dignity Health Sports Park.
- Los Dos are undefeated in their last four matches at home and look to continue this trend against Austin Bold FC on Saturday.
- Saturday’s match will be the first-ever meeting between LA Galaxy II and USL Championship expansion side Austin Bold FC (3-2-2, 11 points).
- LA Galaxy II are 2-1-2 at home and 1-2-0 on the road in 2019.
- Austin Bold FC are 0-2-1 away from home this year.
- LA Galaxy II sit in 10th in the USL Championship Western Conference standings, two spots below Austin Bold FC.
- LA Galaxy II signed defender Mauricio Cuevas from the LA Galaxy Academy earlier this week.
- Kai Koreniuk has recorded two braces this season for LA Galaxy II.
- Koreniuk leads the team in goals this year (4).
- Brian Iloski, Emil Cuello, Ernesto Walker and Kai Koreniuk co-lead the team in assists this year (2).
- LA Galaxy II finished the 2018 USL Championship season with a 7-6-4 home record and a 3-11-3 away record.
- In their next match, LA Galaxy II will remain at home to host Fresno FC at Dignity Health Sports Park Track & Field Stadium on Sunday, May 12 at 7 p.m. PT (broadcast live on ESPN+).