LA Galaxy II (4-3-2, 14 points) conclude their four-game stint at home against Fresno FC (3-0-4, 13 points) at Dignity Health Sports Park Track & Field Stadium on Sunday, May 12 at 7 p.m. PT. The match will be broadcast live on ESPN+. Tickets to the match are available here.
LA Galaxy II are coming off a strong defensive performance, securing their second consecutive shutout and third of the season against Austin Bold FC. Although an attacking threat for much of the match, it was an Austin Bold own goal that gave Los Dos the 1-0 victory at home. Early into the second half, a low cross Ethan Zubak deflected off Jermaine Taylor and into the back of Austin’s net. With the win, the Galaxy enter the weekend unbeaten at home in their last five matches.
At home, LA Galaxy II have demonstrated their attacking prowess with 13 of their 16 goals scored at Dignity Health Sports Park. So far this season, the Galaxy have scored a goal every 50.6 minutes of play.
Against Fresno, the Galaxy are 1-0-1 all-time, going 1-0-0 against the Foxes at home. In their last visit, Los Dos won 2-1 against Fresno. LA Galaxy II defeated Fresno FC during their last visit to Dignity Health Sports Park in a 2-1 contest that saw a brace from Frank Lopez.
In their most recent match on the road, Fresno FC recorded a 4-2 victory over Real Monarchs SLC. Christian Chaney scored two goals and created one chance in 77 minutes helping Fresno FC to their fourth win of the season. However, in a midweek contest earlier this week, Fresno’s undefeated start to 2019 ended with a 1-0 loss at home to Sacramento Republic FC.
Los Dos will look to capitalize on the Foxes’ latest stumble to extend their unbeaten streak at home to six before hitting the road for a rematch against Rio Grande Valley FC Toros.
LA Galaxy II 1 | Austin Bold FC 0: Los Dos earned their second consecutive shutout and third of the season after a defensive battle with Austin Bold FC at home. With constant offensive pressing from Los Dos, an own goal in the 56th minute made the difference for the home team. LA Galaxy II collected all three points.
Fresno FC 0 | Sacramento Republic FC 1: Sacramento Republic FC took the victory in the sides’ first meeting of 2019, ending Fresno’s undefeated start to the season. Although the Foxes’ had chances to equalize Sam Werner’s 29thminute goal, Sacramento withstood the pressure to secure three points.
LA Galaxy II: 10-17-7, 37 points
Fresno FC: 9-13-12, 34 points
Fresno FC 1 | LA Galaxy II 1 | March 24, 2018 at Chukchansi Park
LA Galaxy II 2 | Fresno FC 1 | August 9, 2018 at Dignity Health Sports Park
- LA Galaxy II (4-3-2, 14 points) earned their second consecutive shutout with a 1-0 victory at home against Austin Bold FC (3-3-2, 11 points) in the sides’ first-ever meeting on Saturday.
- This is the first time LA Galaxy II have earned back-to-back clean sheets since March 2016.
- LA Galaxy II have yet to record three consecutive shutouts in the team’s history.
- Defender Nate Shultz was to the USL Championship Team of the Week for his performances in the Galaxy’s back-to-back shutouts.
- Los Dos are undefeated in their last five matches at home and look to continue this trend against Fresno FC on Sunday.
- LA Galaxy II have three cleans sheets so far this season, tying the number of clean sheets the team obtained in 2018.
- LA Galaxy II are 3-1-2 at home and 1-2-0 on the road in 2019.
- Fresno FC are 2-0-2 away from home this year.
- LA Galaxy II sit in 6thin the USL Championship Western Conference standings, one spot above Fresno FC.
- LA Galaxy II midfielders Carlos Harvey and Ernesto Walker are away on International duty as they will represent Panama in the FIFA U-20 World Cup Poland 2019.
- Kai Koreniuk has recorded two braces this season for LA Galaxy II.
- Koreniuk leads the team in goals this year (4).
- Brian Iloski, Emil Cuello, Ernesto Walker and Kai Koreniuk co-lead the team in assists this year (2).
- LA Galaxy II finished the 2018 USL Championship season with a 7-6-4 home record and a 3-11-3 away record.
- After a four-game stint at home, LA Galaxy II hit the road in their next match to face Rio Grande Valley FC Toros at H-E-B Park on Saturday, May 18 at 5:30 p.m. PT (broadcast live on ESPN+).