LA Galaxy II (4-4-2, 14 points) hit the road for the first time this month to face Rio Grande Valley FC Toros (3-4-3, 12 points) at H-E-B Park on Saturday, May 18 at 5:30 p.m. PT. The match will be broadcast live on ESPN+.
Los Dos are on the road after a four-game stint at home. In their most recent contest, LA Galaxy II experienced a disappointing result at Dignity Health Sports Park last week against Fresno FC. The Foxes snapped the Galaxy’s five-game unbeaten streak at home with a convincing 3-0 win.
With a promising 4-0-4 all-time record against RGVFC, the Galaxy will look to rebound on the road. Los Dos have yet to lose at H-E-B Park, going 2-0-2 against the Toros on the road. In their last trip to H-E-B Park, LA Galaxy II drew 1-1 against RGVFC thanks to Frank Lopez’s late equalizer in the 87th minute.
The sides have already faced each other this year in a highly entertaining contest at Dignity Health Sports Park, which ended in a 4-4 draw. In the match, Los Dos and RGVFC combined to score six goals over the final 13 minutes of play plus stoppage time. Diedie Traore opened the scoring for the Galaxy with a superb solo goal in the 39th minute. Nick DePuy recorded his first goal for LA Galaxy II and Kai Koreniuk contributed a brace, including the game-tying goal in the final minute of stoppage time.
RGVFC are returning home after a three-game road trip, from which they secured four points. Most recently, the Toros fell 3-1 to Phoenix Rising FC. In total, RGVFC have conceded eight goals in their last three matches, whereas LA Galaxy II have only conceded three goals in their last three.
Los Dos will hope to build off of their unbeaten record against RGVFC before heading back to Dignity Health Sports Park for a SoCal rivalry matchup against Orange County SC.
LA Galaxy II 0 | Fresno FC 3: LA Galaxy II fell 3-0 to Fresno FC snapping their five-game unbeaten streak at home. Although Los Dos had a few great looks, they were unable to capitalized. Fresno’s Qudus Lawal notched a brace for the visitors to help the Foxes collect three road points.
Phoenix Rising FC 3 | Rio Grande Valley FC Toros 1: Phoenix Rising FC took an early lead, scoring twice within the first 28 minutes of play. RGVFC were able to pull a goal back, but Phoenix saw out the victory comfortably.
LA Galaxy II: 10-17-7, 37 points
Rio Grande Valley FC Toros: 8-12-14, 38 points
LA Galaxy II 4 | Rio Grande Valley FC 4 | April 24, 2019 at Dignity Health Sports Park
Rio Grande Valley FC Toros 1 | LA Galaxy II 1 | May 23, 2018 at H-E-B Park
LA Galaxy II 1 | Rio Grande Valley FC Toros 1 | August 22, 2018 at Dignity Health Sports Park
- LA Galaxy II (4-4-2, 14 points) fell 3-0 to Fresno FC (4-1-4, 16 points) snapping their five-game unbeaten stretch at home.
- LA Galaxy II are 3-2-2 at home and 1-2-0 on the road in 2019.
- Rio Grande Valley FC Toros are 2-1-1 at home this year.
- LA Galaxy II sit in 10th in the USL Championship Western Conference standings, four spots above Rio Grande Valley FC.
- LA Galaxy II midfielders Carlos Harvey and Ernesto Walker are away on International duty as they will represent Panama in the FIFA U-20 World Cup Poland 2019.
- Kai Koreniuk leads the team in goals this year (4).
- Brian Iloski, Emil Cuello, Ernesto Walker and Kai Koreniuk co-lead the team in assists this year (2).
- LA Galaxy II finished the 2018 USL Championship season with a 7-6-4 home record and a 3-11-3 away record.
- LA Galaxy II return home for a SoCal rivalry matchup against Orange County SC at Dignity Health Sports Park Track & Field Stadium on Saturday, May 25 at 7:00 p.m. PT. Tickets to the match are available here.