LA Galaxy II (4-4-3, 15 points) return home for a SoCal rivalry matchup against Orange County SC (3-1-2, 14 points) at Dignity Health Sports Park Track & Field Stadium on Saturday, May 25 at 7:00 p.m. PT. The match will be broadcast live on ESPN+. Tickets to the match are available here.
With only one point separating the two Southern California clubs in the Western Conference standings, this has the potential to be a riveting first edition of the rivalry matchup.
All-time, LA Galaxy II are 9-6-3 against Orange County SC, going 5-1-3 at home. In their final meeting of 2018, Los Dos secured a 3-0 win on the road against OCSC. Ethan Zubak, Frank Lopez and Jonathan Hernandez all recorded goals in the match.
Los Dos return home after showing their resiliency on the road against Rio Grande Valley FC Toros. Omar Ontiveros scored the opening goal and his first of the season against his former team in the 16thminute. For the majority of the second half, LA Galaxy II found themselves down a goal, but they continued to press offensively. Their scrappiness was rewarded in the final minute of stoppage time when Zubak scored the game-tying goal to help LA Galaxy II steal a point on the road.
This weekend’s opponents travel to Dignity Health Sports Park unbeaten in their last four games, but three of those have been draws. OCSC are still searching for their first victory on the road, having gone 0-2-3 away from home so far this season. In their most recent road contest, OCSC secured a 0-0 result against San Antonio FC.
LA Galaxy II 2 | Rio Grande Valley FC 2: Ethan Zubak’s stoppage-time strike helped Los Dos to a 2-2 draw on the road. Omar Ontiveros opened the scoring, recording his first goal for LA Galaxy II against his former team. With the draw, Galaxy stole a crucial point on the road.
Orange County SC 2 | Austin Bold FC 2: Austin Bold opened the scoring in the match, which was followed by a flurry of goals in the 43rdminute when both sides exchanged goals. OCSC were able to find the equalizing goal quickly into the second half, securing a point at home against the USL Western Conference expansion side.
LA Galaxy II: 10-17-7, 37 points
Orange County SC: 20-8-6, 66 points
Orange County SC 3 | LA Galaxy II 0 | April 7, 2018 at Championship Soccer Stadium at OC Great Park
LA Galaxy II 0 | Orange County SC 1 | June 10, 2018 at Dignity Health Sports Park
Orange County SC 0 | LA Galaxy II 3 | July 7, 2018 at Championship Soccer Stadium at OC Great Park
- LA Galaxy II (4-4-3, 15 points) drew 2-2 with Rio Grande Valley FC (3-4-4, 13 points) stealing a crucial point on the road.
- LA Galaxy II are 3-2-2 at home and 1-2-1 on the road in 2019.
- Orange County SC are 0-2-3 away from home this year.
- LA Galaxy II sit in 10thin the USL Championship Western Conference standings, three spots above Orange County SC.
- LA Galaxy II midfielders Carlos Harvey and Ernesto Walker are away on International duty as they represent Panama in the FIFA U-20 World Cup Poland 2019.
- Kai Koreniuk leads the team in goals this year (4).
- Brian Iloski leads the team in assists this year (3).
- LA Galaxy II finished the 2018 USL Championship season with a 7-6-4 home record and a 3-11-3 away record.
- Next up, LA Galaxy II continue their home stand with a rematch against Tacoma Defiance at Dignity Health Sports Park Track & Field Stadium on Wednesday, May 29 at 7:30 p.m. PT.