On a cross-country trip to Florida, the LA Galaxy stopped a losing skid to earn a big 1-0 win over Orlando City away from home.
Jonathan dos Santos opened the scoring, a vicious first-time strike from outside the 18-yard box into the corner past a diving Brian Rowe. Orlando had a chance to equalize in the first half, when dos Santos gave away a penalty. David Bingham had his captain covered, saving Nani's spot kick with a diving save to his left.
The Galaxy held stout in defense for the majority of the second half, under siege from the Lions.
Orlando City peppered the Galaxy goal, piling pressure in the final 30 minutes but couldn't find the winner. Sacha Kljestan, who started on the bench, made an immediate impact in the Lions attack, nearly setting up Kyle Smith for a goal within 15 seconds of stepping on the field. They couldn't find the elusive equalizer.
Both Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Dom Dwyer were unavailable due to suspension. Perry Kitchenmade his 2019 debut, entering as a substitute in the 56th minute.
- 19' - LA - Jonathan dos Santos
- THE BIG PICTURE: On a four-game losing streak, the Galaxy got a much-needed win against Orlando. The Galaxy lifted themselves back into third place in the Western Conference. Now, Ibrahimovic will be back for their next game with a little momentum.
- MOMENT OF THE MATCH: After taking the lead in the first, the Galaxy were on the cusp of allowing the Galaxy back in it as Nani stood 12-yards from goal for a penalty but couldn't convert.
- MAN OF THE MATCH: With six saves, including the above penalty stop, David Bingham worked hard to keep his clean sheet.
- LA: Wednesday, May 29 at Sporting Kansas City (8:30 pm ET | MLS LIVE on ESPN+ in US, DAZN in Canada)