LA Galaxy II (4-4-6, 18 points) picked up a point on the road against OKC Energy FC (5-4-4, 19 points) in an entertaining matchup on Saturday evening.
Los Dos enjoyed the first good chance of the match in the 19th minute. Jose Hernandez started the play when he stole the ball from an Energy midfielder. Hernandez nutmegged another player to get the ball to Brian Iloski who set up Frank Lopez on the right side of the penalty area. However, Lopez’s shot went wide of the near post and hit the side netting. The teams exchanged a few more scoring opportunities before entering halftime scoreless.
LA Galaxy II’s goalkeeper Eric Lopez was tested for the first time in the 58th minute when he made a crucial save to keep the clean sheet. A free kick by Alexy Bosetti ricocheted in the penalty area before being directed on goal by Je-Vaughn Watson. Lopez batted the spinning shot over the bar and out of harm’s way.
A few minutes later, Brian Ilsoki threatened again for Los Dos forcing a full stretch save from Energy’s goalkeeper Cody Laurendi. Iloski rocketed a shot from 25 yards out that almost landed top-left corner of Laurendi’s goal.
Even though both sides had plenty of chances, neither was able to find the breakthrough. With the clean sheet, LA Galaxy II held OKC Energy FC to their first scoreless match of 2019.
Next up, LA Galaxy II continue their road trip when they travel to face USL Championship expansion side El Paso Locomotive at Southwest University Park on Saturday, June 8 at 6:30 p.m. PT.
OKC – Owayne Omar Gordon (Caution) 46’
OKC – Atiba Harris (Caution) 53’
LA – Omar Ontiveros (Caution) 57’
LA – Adrian Vera (Caution) 67’
LA Galaxy II: Eric Lopez; Justin Fiddes, Michael Gallagher ©, Omar Ontiveros, Nate Shultz; Adrian Vera, Don Tchilao (Jorge Hernandez 73’), Jose Hernandez, Brian Iloski, Kai Koreniuk; Frank Lopez
Substitutions not used: Carlos Zuniga, Mauricio Cuevas, Augustine Williams, Ethan Zubak
TOTAL SHOTS: 13; SHOTS ON GOAL: 5; FOULS: 12; OFFSIDE: 1; CORNER KICKS: 8; SAVES: 1.
OKC Energy FC: Cody Laurendi; Alvin Jones, Je-Vaughn Watson, Christian Ibeagha, Mekeil Williams; Owayne Omar Gordon, Atiba Harris, Callum Ross, Cordell Cato, Deshorn Brown; Alexy Bosetti
Substitution not used: Bryan Byars, Kyle Hyland, Amer Sasivarevic, Mike da Fonte, Kalokwera Okot, Josh Garcia
TOTAL SHOTS: 4; SHOTS ON GOAL: 1; FOULS: 12; OFFSIDE: 1; CORNER KICKS: 3; SAVES: 5.
Referee: Sergii Demianchuk
Assistant Referees: Mark Vovosel and Shane Kennard
Fourth Official: Alex King
- LA Galaxy II (4-4-6, 18 points) picked up a point on the road against OKC Energy FC (5-4-4, 19 points) in an entertaining matchup on Saturday evening.
- With the clean sheet, LA Galaxy II held OKC Energy FC to their first scoreless result of 2019.
- LA Galaxy II are 1-2-2 away from home this season.
- Kai Koreniuk leads the team in goals this year (4).
- Brian Iloski leads the team in assists this year (3).
- LA Galaxy II finished the 2018 USL Championship season with a 7-6-4 home record and a 3-11-3 away record.
- Next up, LA Galaxy II continue their road trip when they travel to face USL Championship expansion side El Paso Locomotive at Southwest University Park on Saturday, June 8 at 6:30 p.m. PT.