LA Galaxy II (4-4-6, 18 points) continue their road trip against USL Championship expansion side El Paso Locomotive FC (5-2-5, 20 points) at Southwest University Park on Saturday, June 8 at 5:30 p.m. PT. The match will be broadcast live on ESPN+.
Los Dos travel to El Paso, Texas after a significant defensive result on the road. On Saturday, LA Galaxy II held OKC Energy FC to their first scoreless match of 2019. During the match, LA Galaxy II had multiple scoring opportunities, including a phenomenal chance from Brian Iloski in the 69thminute. Ilsoki forced a full stretch save from Energy’s unbeatable goalkeeper Cody Laurendi. Iloski rocketed a shot from 25 yards out that almost landed top-left corner of Laurendi’s goal. The Galaxy secured their fourth shutout of the season with the draw, surpassing the three clean sheets recorded during 2018.
With the result against OKC Energy, LA Galaxy II remain in the 10thspot in the Western Conference standings, just above the playoff line.
This weekend’s matchup looks to be another defensive battle for LA Galaxy II as El Paso Locomotive FC are unbeaten in their last seven games, during which they have scored 11 goals and conceded only five. Most recently, El Paso earned a 2-1 victory on the road against Tacoma Defiance. Locomotive FC’s leading goal-scorer Jerome Kiesewetter notched the opening goal bringing him to seven goals in just eight appearances. Calvin Rezende also contributed to the score line.
OKC Energy FC 0 | LA Galaxy II 0: Even though both sides had plenty of chances, neither were able to find the breakthrough.With the clean sheet, LA Galaxy II held OKC Energy FC to their first scoreless match of 2019. This was the fourth shutout result of 2019 for Los Dosand the second on the road.
Tacoma Defiance 1 | El Paso Locomotive FC 2: El Paso remain undefeated on the road this season with a victory against the Defiance at Cheney Stadium. Jerome Kiesewetter recorded the opening goal in the game, which was matched by a goal from Tacoma’s Justin Dhillon. Calvin Rezende broke through for El Paso with his goal in the 68thminute.
LA Galaxy II: 10-17-7, 37 points
El Paso Locomotive FC: N/A
- LA Galaxy II (4-4-6, 18 points) picked up a point on the road against OKC Energy FC (5-4-4, 19 points) in an entertaining matchup on Saturday evening.
- LA Galaxy II are 3-2-4 at home and 1-2-2 on the road in 2019.
- El Paso Locomotive FC are 3-2-2 at home this season and are undefeated in their last three matches at Southwest University Park.
- LA Galaxy II sit 10th in the USL Championship Western Conference standings, compared to Saturday’s opponents who are in 6th place.
- LA Galaxy II signed midfielder Iván Gutiérrez earlier this week from Liga MX club Chivas Guadalajara.
- Kai Koreniuk leads the team in goals this year (4).
- Brian Iloski leads the team in assists this year (3).
- LA Galaxy II finished the 2018 USL Championship season with a 7-6-4 home record and a 3-11-3 away record.
- Next up, LA Galaxy II complete their road trip as they face Reno 1868 FC at Greater Nevada Field on Saturday, June 15 at 7:30 p.m. PT.