LA Galaxy II (4-5-6, 18 points) conclude their three-game road trip against Reno 1868 FC (5-3-5, 20 points) at Greater Nevada Field on Saturday, June 15 at 7:30 p.m. PT. The match will be broadcast live on ESPN+.
Los Dos will look to turn things around to end their string of road trips on a high note against Reno 1868 FC. Most recently, LA Galaxy II faced USL Championship expansion side El Paso Locomotive FC that resulted in a disappointing 3-0 loss. The first half got off to a slow start for both sides, but El Paso were able to find a goal two minutes before halftime. Shortly into the second half, LA Galaxy II not only found themselves down a goal, but a man after Brian Iloski was shown red for a strong tackle against an El Paso midfielder. The Locomotive secured their win with two more goals in the 87thand 88thminutes.
This weekend, LA Galaxy II will battle for their first result all-time against Reno 1868 FC, going 0-4-0 in previous matchups and 0-2-0 at Greater Nevada Field. The last time they visited Reno, Los Dos fell 1-0 thanks to a goal by Eric Calvillo in the 37thminute.
Reno 1868 FC are unbeaten at home this season, with their last match at Greater Nevada Field resulting in a 4-0 victory over Las Vegas Lights FC. But in their most recent match, Reno failed to secure points on the road against San Antonio FC after being ahead two goals for more than 60 minutes of the match.
El Paso Locomotive FC 3 | LA Galaxy II 0: After exchanging possession in the midfield for most of the first 45 minutes, the sluggish first half ended with a goal for the home side two minutes before halftime. Los Dos went down a man in the 55thminute and allowed El Paso to bag another two goals in the final minutes of the second half.
San Antonio FC 3 | Reno 1868 FC 2: San Antonio FC battled back from two goals to beat Reno at Toyota Field on Saturday night. Reno scored two goals early in the first half and held onto the lead until the 61stminute, but ultimately walked away from San Antonio empty-handed.
LA Galaxy II: 10-17-7, 37 points
Reno 1868 FC: 16-7-11, 59 points
LA Galaxy II 1, Reno 1868 FC 4 | July 11, 2018 at Dignity Health Sports Park
Reno 1868 FC 1, LA Galaxy II 0 | September 15, 2018 at Greater Nevada Field
- LA Galaxy II (4-5-6, 18 points) fell 3-0 on the road to USL Championship expansion side El Paso Locomotive FC (6-2-5, 23 points) on a hot Saturday evening in Texas.
- LA Galaxy II are 3-2-4 at home and 1-3-2 on the road in 2019.
- Reno 1868 FC are undefeated at home this season with a record of 3-0-3 at Greater Nevada Field.
- LA Galaxy II sit 11thin the USL Championship Western Conference standings, just outside of playoff contention.
- Reno 1868 are in 8thplace in the USL Championship Western Conference standings.
- LA Galaxy II signed midfielder Iván Gutiérrez last week from Liga MX club Chivas Guadalajara.
- Kai Koreniuk leads the team in goals this year (4).
- Brian Iloski leads the team in assists this year (3).
- LA Galaxy II finished the 2018 USL Championship season with a 7-6-4 home record and a 3-11-3 away record.
- Next up, LA Galaxy II return home to take on USL Championship expansion side New Mexico United in the sides’ first meeting of 2019 at Dignity Health Sports Park Track & Field Stadium on Saturday, June 22 at 7:00 p.m. PT.