LA Galaxy II (5-6-8, 23 points) secured back-to-back results on the road with a 2-2 draw against Las Vegas Lights FC (6-7-5, 23 points) in a Fourth of July match up.
LA Galaxy II enjoyed most of the possession during the first 15 minutes of play, but Las Vegas Lights FC were able to get on the board first in the 18th minute. Jesus Gonzalez struck a left footed shot from outside of the box to the top left corner.
The visitors got their first chance on goal when Frank Lopez went one-on-one with Las Vegas Lights keeper Thomas Olsen, who was able to punch the ball from danger. The rebound landed at the feet of Ernesto Walker who dropped it back to fellow Panamanian Carlos Harvey. Harvey rocketed a low shot to the bottom left corner. The sides entered halftime tied with one goal apiece.
Los Dos got off to a hot start in the second half with a quick goal in the 47th minute. John Requejo made a brilliant run up the left side, crossing the ball perfectly into the box. Augustine Williams was there to meet it, heading the ball on goal. Lopez knocked it past Olsen to pull the Galaxy ahead.
However, the Lights were able to find an equalizer after being awarded a penalty kick in the 85th minute. Goal-scorer Harvey committed a foul on Irvin Parra in the box with a heavy tackle. Parra stepped up to the spot and calmly slotted the ball past Justin Vom Steeg, making the score line even once again.
Next up, LA Galaxy II return to Dignity Health Sports Park Track & Field Stadium to host Reno 1868 FC on Saturday, July 20 at 7 p.m. PT.
LV – Jesus Gonzalez (Assisted by Jose Villarreal) 18’
LA – Carlos Harvey (Assisted by Ernesto Walker) 30’
LA – Frank Lopez (Assisted by Augustine Williams) 47’
LV – Irvin Parra (PK) 85’
LV – Mobi Fehr (Caution) 58’
LA – Don Tchilao (Caution) 83’
LV – Irvin Parra (Caution) 87’
LA Galaxy II: Justin Vom Steeg; Michael Gallagher © (Justin Fiddes 78’), Omar Ontiveros, Nate Shultz; Carlos Harvey, Don Tchilao (Nick DePuy 88’), Ernesto Walker, Adrian Vera, John Requejo (Kai Koreniuk 50’); Augustine Williams, Frank Lopez
Substitutions not used: Eric Lopez, Jose Hernandez, Jorge Hernandez, Brian Iloski
TOTAL SHOTS: 12; SHOTS ON GOAL: 7; FOULS: 11; OFFSIDE: 2; CORNER KICKS: 3; SAVES: 4.
Las Vegas Lights FC: Thomas Olsen ©; Kevin Garcia-Lopez, Gabe Robinson, Javan Torre (Edwin Rivas 73’), Chritian Torres; Jesus Gonzalez (Jonathan Levin 45’), Mobi Fehr, Junior Sandoval, Pablo Cruz; Jose Villarreal (Irvin Parra 45’), Preston Tabort Etaka
Substitution not used: Angel Alvarez, Panzani Sousa, Victor Rojas, Santiago Echavarria
TOTAL SHOTS: 17; SHOTS ON GOAL: 6; FOULS: 21; OFFSIDE: 5; CORNER KICKS: 3; SAVES: 5.
Referee: Elton Garcia
Assistant Referees: Matthew Seem and Baboucarr Jallow
Fourth Official: William Randy Hoffman
- LA Galaxy II (5-6-8, 23 points) secured back-to-back results on the road with a 2-2 draw against Las Vegas Lights FC (6-7-5, 23 points) in a Fourth of July matchup
- LA Galaxy II are 2-4-3 away from home this season.
- Carlos Harvey recorded his first goal for LA Galaxy II against Las Vegas Lights FC.
- Frank Lopez recorded his sxith goal of the season on Thursday in Las Vegas, Nev.
- Frank Lopez leads the team in goals this year (6).
- Brian Iloski leads the team in assists this year (4).
- LA Galaxy II finished the 2018 USL Championship season with a 7-6-4 home record and a 3-11-3 away record.
- Next up, LA Galaxy II return to Dignity Health Sports Park Track & Field Stadium to host Reno 1868 FC on Saturday, July 20 at 7 p.m. PT.