LA Galaxy II (5-6-8, 23 points) will play this week’s match at home as they face off against Reno 1868 FC (9-4-5, 32 points) with the match kicking off at 7 p.m. PT on Saturday, July 20th at Dignity Health Sports Park Track & Field Stadium in Carson, California. The match will be broadcast live on ESPN+.
LA Galaxy II are winless in five total games all-time against Reno 1868 FC, losing the most recent fixture earlier this year away from home by a score of 4-2. Frank Lopez and Augustine Williams scored the goals for Galaxy II, but two goals in a span of five minutes for Reno and a red card late in the match for LA ultimately condemned the visiting side to defeat. Los Dos lost both 2018 matches as well, losing their most recent match at home against Reno 1868 FC by a score of 4-1.
Los Dos will look to build on consecutive successful results from their last two fixtures, when they defeated local rivals Orange County SC, and then fought hard in a game against Las Vegas Lights FC, resulting in a draw and a point to both teams. Carlos Harvey and Frank Lopez scored in the last match for Galaxy II, and the team has now scored four in their past two matches. Having not played since the Fourth of July, the squad will look to put in another good performance coming off of this break.
The away side come into this clash having won their last three matches, most recently beating Oklahoma City Energy FC away from home 3-2. Reno scored three goals unanswered in the second half to secure all three points. This week, they will look to continue their good run of form against Los Dos, who sit in 12thplace in the USL Western Conference. With Reno City FC occupying the 3rd place position in the Western Conference, Galaxy II will have plenty of incentive to fight hard for a big three points to make a push for a playoff position.
Las Vegas Lights FC 2 | LA Galaxy II 2: LA Galaxy II picked up one point against Western Conference opposition Las Vegas Lights FC last weekend. In the match, Frank Lopez and Carlos Harvey scored one goal each for Los Dos.
Oklahoma City Energy 2 | Reno 1868 FC 3: Reno 1868 FC ended up winning this high scoring contest with Western Conference opposition Oklahoma City. The Energy went up by two goals in the first half, only for Reno to score three unanswered in the second half and secure all three points.
Reno 1868 FC 4, LA Galaxy II 2 | June 15, 2019 at Greater Nevada Field
LA Galaxy II 1, Reno 1868 FC 4 | July 11, 2018 at Dignity Health Sports Park
Reno 1868 FC 1, LA Galaxy II 0 | September 15, 2018 at Greater Nevada Field
LA Galaxy II: 10-17-7, 37 points
Reno 1868 FC: 16-7-11, 59 points
- LA Galaxy II (5-6-8, 23 points) secured a 2-2 draw against Las Vegas Lights FC (6-7-5, 23 points) on the Fourth of July away at Cashman Field.
- LA Galaxy II are 3-2-5 at home and 2-4-3 on the road in 2019.
- Reno 1868 FC are 3-3-2 on the road this year.
- LA Galaxy II sit 12th in the USL Championship Western Conference standings, just outside of playoff contention.
- Reno 1868 FC are currently occupying the 3rd place spot in the USL Championship Western Conference standings.
- Frank Lopez leads the team in goals this year (6).
- Brian Iloski leads the team in assists this year (4).
- LA Galaxy II finished the 2018 USL Championship season with a 7-6-4 home record and a 3-11-3 away record.
- Next up, LA Galaxy II face Tulsa Roughnecks FC at 5:30 p.m. PT on Wednesday, July 24th away at ONEOK Field in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- For more information, visit www.lagalaxy.com/2.