LA Galaxy II (8-8-8, 32 points) defeated Austin Bold FC (9-8-6, 22 points) 3-1 on Saturday night in Austin, Texas. Los Dos handed Austin just its second home loss of the season.
Austin struck first in the contest, when an unmarked Kris Tyrpak scored a header on a corner in the 25th minute. Los Dos might have been the better team in the first 45 minutes, but entered the locker room down 1-0 at halftime.
LA Galaxy II turned the game around quickly in the second half, starting with a goal from Carlos Harvey. A rebounded attempt on goal fell to the feet of Harvey 30 yards away from goal. Harvey let it rip, and slotted home the equalizer in the low right corner.
Jorge Hernandez gave Los Dos the chance to take the lead in the 57th minute, beating his defender before being taken down and awarded a penalty in the box. Augustine Williams stepped up and sent the goalkeeper the wrong way, scoring his fifth goal of the season.
After two red cards late in the game, LA Galaxy II were able to put the match away with an extra-time goal from Kai Koreniuk, assisted by Jose Hernandez. With the win, Los Dos have now won three of their last four.
AUS – Kris Tyrpak 25’ (Assisted by Xavier Baez)
LA – Carlos Harvey 46’
LA – Austine Williams 59’
LA – Kai Koreniuk 90’+6’ (Assisted by Jose Hernandez)
LA – Geoffrey Acheampong 11’ (caution)
LA – Tomas Hilliard-Arce 34’ (caution)
LA – Carlos Harvey 41’ (caution)
AUS – Demar Phillips 45’+1’ (caution)
LA – Omar Ontiveros 70’ (caution)
AUS – Demar Phillips 76’ (ejection)
AUS – Jermaine Taylor 81’ (ejection)
LA Galaxy II: Eric Lopez; Omar Ontiveros, Justin Fiddes, Tomas Hilliard-Arce ©, Nick DePuy, Carlos Harvey; Jose Hernandez, Geoffrey Acheampong (Adam Saldana 45’); Augustine Williams (Mohammed Kamara 84’), Nate Shultz (Kai Koreniuk 60’), Jorge Hernandez
Substitutions not used: Abraham Romero, Mauricio Cuevas, John Requejo, Don Tchilao.
Head Coach: Junior Gonzalez
TOTAL SHOTS: 14; SHOTS ON GOAL: 7; FOULS: 20; OFFSIDE: 3; CORNER KICKS: 8; SAVES: 6.
Austin Bold FC: Diego Restrepo; Ema Twumasi, Demar Phillips, London Woodberry, Jermaine Taylor; Xavier Baez, Valerii Saramutin, Thomas de Villardi; Andre Lima, Isaac Promise, Kris Tyrpak
Substitution not used: Juan David Ramirez, Edson Braafheid, Josue Soto, Abdi Faris, Calum Mallace, Francis Atuahene, Kleber
Head Coach: Marcelo Serrano
TOTAL SHOTS: 17; SHOTS ON GOAL: 7; FOULS: 15; OFFSIDE: 0; CORNER KICKS: 7; SAVES: 4.
Referee: Rosendo Mendoza
- LA Galaxy II (8-8-8, 32 points) defeated Austin Bold FC (9-8-6, 22 points) 3-1 on Saturday night in Austin, Texas.
- Los Dos handed Austin just its second home loss of the season.
- LA Galaxy II are now 5-4-3 on the road in 2019.
- Carlos Harvey scored his third goal of the season
- Augustine Williams scored his sixth goal of the season on a second half penalty.
- LA Galaxy II’s leading goal scorer Kai Koreniuk recorded his seventh goal from the season, on an assist from the team’s co-leading assist man, Jose Hernandez (4).
- LA Galaxy II finished the 2018 USL season with a 7-6-4 home record and a 3-11-3 away record.
- Next up, LA Galaxy II are on the road again, facing New Mexico United at 6:30 p.m. PT on Saturday, Aug. 17 at Isotopes Park in Albuquerque.
- For more information, visit www.lagalaxy.com/2.