LA Galaxy II’s (10-9-10, 40 points) are at home for the fourth time in the last month to take on OKC Energy FC (9-10-11, 38 points) at 7 p.m. PT on Saturday, Sept. 28 at Dignity Health Sports Park Track & Field Stadium. With five matches remaining, LA Galaxy II head into the weekend as a playoff team, sitting 9th place in the USL Western Conference.
Los Dos have started strong in many of their recent matches, scoring the opening goal in four of their last five matches. Helping Galaxy II’s offense this weekend is the potential return of newcomer forward Mohamed Kamara who rejoins the squad after a minor injury.
Junior Gonzalez has led Los Dos back above the playoff line with a 5-3-2 record since taking over in July. Gonzalez would be the first to lead LA Galaxy II back into the playoffs since Curt Onalfo did in 2016.
OKC Energy FC make their way to Los Angeles without a win in their last four matches. OKC are turning desperate for results sitting one point out of the playoffs.
- LA Galaxy II are 5-4-6 at home in 2019.
- Los Dos are 5-3-2 since Interim Manager Junior Gonzalez has taken over.
- Kai Koreniuk leads LA Galaxy II with eight goals this season.
- Jose Hernandez and Brian Iloski co-lead the team in assists (4).
- LA Galaxy II finished the 2018 USL season with a 7-6-4 home record and a 3-11-3 away record.
- Next up, LA Galaxy II start a three-game road stretch at 7:30 p.m. PT on Wednesday, Oct. 2 against Sacramento Republic FC at Papa Murphy’s Park.
- For more information, visit www.lagalaxy.com/2.