LOS ANGELES (Tuesday, May 5, 2020) – The LA Galaxy’s TO𝕲ETHER AT HOME will continue during the month of May, with several additional measures added in support of the campaign. The TO𝕲ETHER AT HOME initiative, launched in March, is a club-wide community outreach program to support those affected from the COVID-19 pandemic through a variety of programming.
This month, the LA Galaxy are set to begin the following:
American Red Cross Blood Drive at DHSP
In conjunction with the American Red Cross and Anheuser-Busch, the LA Galaxy will host a community blood drive at Dignity Health Sports Park on Thursday, May 21 and Thursday, June 4.
To sign up, visit www.RedCrossBlood.org/OneTeam.
Chicharito honors LA Galaxy Season Ticket Member working on front lines as a nurse
In conjunction with the “The Real Heroes Project,” LA Galaxy forward Chicharito has dedicated his jersey to LA Galaxy Season Ticket Member Karlyn McGarry, who works at Dignity Health – St. Mary Medical Center while helping her community on the forefront of this global crisis.
“The Real Heroes Project” is a collaborative initiative to recognize and celebrate healthcare workers on the frontlines of the COVID-19 pandemic, including athletes representing the ATP, MLB, MLS, NASCAR, NBA, NFL, NHL, NWSL, USGA, WNBA, WTA and WWE, among other professional and esports leagues, including Activision Blizzard Esports and Electronic Arts
David Bingham provides meals to First Responders and Healthcare Workers
LA Galaxy Goalkeeper David Bingham has started a program delivering food to local first responders and health care workers across Los Angeles and will continue with a visit to feed healthcare workers at Dignity Health - St. Mary Medical Center in Long Beach on Wednesday.
Beginning in April, Bingham has worked with El Barrio’s Neighborhood Tacos in Redondo Beach to provide meals to various servicemembers across Los Angeles. El Barrio’s Neighborhood Tacos has matched donations from Bingham and various Galaxy players for every meal donated.
Fans interested in supporting Bingham’s efforts can donate by clicking here or searching @Feeding-Our-Essential on Venmo.
DHSP Lights Up Blue
Dignity Health Sports Park will be lit up blue on Tuesday, May 5 and Wednesday, May 6 in support of National Nurses Day.
LA Galaxy, Kogi BBQ and LA Regional Food Bank Feed Carson
Last week, the LA Galaxy teamed up with Kogi BBQ and LA Regional Food Bank to provide 1,000 meals to Carson residents at Dignity Health Sports Park. Kogi BBQ Chef and co-founder Roy Choi was on site with the Kogi BBQ staff to help distribute the meals to Carson residents. Additionally, all meal recipients also received an LA Galaxy x Modelo co-branded bandana in addition to their food.
Additional TO𝕲ETHER AT HOME Initiatives
Additionally, since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, the LA Galaxy have supported the Los Angeles community through the TO𝕲ETHER AT HOME initiative through the following efforts:
- LA Galaxy essential worker thank you calls: LA Galaxy players have video-called various LA Galaxy Season Ticket Members who are medical care workers on the frontline of COVID-19 efforts to express their thanks.
- Support Local: The LA Galaxy launched the Support Local campaign, encouraging all LA Galaxy fans and Angelenos to support various local businesses. The club unveiled a comprehensive list of various local businesses throughout Los Angeles and Southern California supported by LA Galaxy players, fans and staff, including various businesses owned and operated by LA Galaxy Season Ticket Members or fans.
- Donation to LA Regional Food Bank: The LA Galaxy along with Victoria Block, collected and donated over 300 lbs. of canned food to LA Regional Food Bank, which is working hard to meet the needs of those impacted by COVID-19, as well as individuals who typically need assistance.
- Dignity Health Virtual Visits: As the official healthcare partner of the LA Galaxy, Dignity Health is offering virtual urgent care visits 24/7.Anyone experiencing mild to moderate symptoms of COVID-19 can receive a free virtual visit with code COVID19, all other virtual visits will be $35. To access a virtual urgent care visit, go to www.dignityhealth.org/virtualcareanywhere,
- eSports charity streaming: The LA Galaxy have hosted numerous Twitch streaming matches featuring eSports athlete Giuseppe Guastella, with all proceeds going to COVID-19 relief efforts at the LA Regional Food Bank.
- MURS Instagram Live Concert: For fans following stay at home orders in LA and around the world, Los Angeles rap icon and LA Galaxy fan MURS performed a live mini-concert on the LA Galaxy’s Instagram page.
- LA Galaxy Digital Content:
- MLS Cup Mondays: LA Galaxy Fans have had the opportunity to relive the club's greatest triumphs in their entirety with MLS Cup Mondays with each of the club’s five MLS Cup victories being streamed on LAGalaxy.com every Monday.
- LA Galaxy Player Facetimes: The LA Galaxy have released a series of FaceTimes between players as fans stay connected to the team while the league is temporarily suspended from play.
- LA Galaxy Sports Science blogs: The LA Galaxy have released a weekly Sports Science blog, with nutritional tips, information and encouragement for fans to practice at home.
LA Galaxy’s TO𝕲ETHER AT HOME campaign, a club-wide initiative to support, engage and inform LA Galaxy fans and the Los Angeles community amidst effects from COVID-19. For all information, click here.