- Guillermo Barros Schelotto will roll out the same Starting XI that faced San Jose last weekend on the road as he looks to continue the team’s six-game unbeaten stretch and two-game shutout streak.
- In net is goalkeeper David Bingham, who has started every match in net this year for LA. The former ‘keeper has made 172 total MLS starts in his career and helped lead LA to two-straight shutouts.
- On the right side of defense is Julian Araujo, the Lompoc product enjoying a breakout season. He has notched two assists in seven starts playing between right back and midfield.
- In the middle is captain Daniel Steres, who has been in a strong run of form. The defender recently made his 100th start with the club and has been a centerpiece along the backline during this unbeaten stretch.
- Pairing in the middle with Steres is Nick DePuy, who has solidified his spot as the first-choice pairing with Steres in the middle of the defense.
- On the left is Emiliano Insua, the Argentine defender who has played at the top level in England and Germany. Insua has put in multiple strong performances during the six-game unbeaten stretch.
- In the center is Perry Kitchen, who continues to do standout job in the middle of the field for LA this year. The veteran will make his 198th MLS start, just two away from 200 career starts in MLS.
- Alongside Kitchen is Joe Corona, who has made seven starts this season. The USMNT and Liga MX vet has played a strong role in the middle of the field this season.
- USMNT veteran Sebastian Lletget continues in the starting XI. Lletget has been in the best form of his career lately, with four goals and two assists in his last five games. He is coming off of his 100th MLS start with LA last week.
- Pulling the strings on offense is Efrain Alvarez, who showcased his talent last week in San Jose in a number of different plays. Alvarez makes his second-straight MLS start for the first time in his young career.
- On the left side of the midfield is the best player in Major League Soccer: Cristian Pavon. Nine goals and 12 assists in just 21 MLS games.
- Up top is Ethan Zubak, the energetic 22-year-old LA Galaxy Academy product. Zubak is making his sixth-straight start for LA.
- The Galaxy are 4-3-3 with 15 points on the season, with 16 goals scored and 15 conceded for a +1 goal differential.
- The LA Galaxy have recorded two-straight shutouts.
- The LA Galaxy are unbeaten in their previous six contests.
- The LA Galaxy will field five players that have come through the club’s developmental system in the starting lineup on Saturday: Steres, DePuy, Araujo, Alvarez and Zubak.
- The LA Galaxy are undefeated (4-0-1) in matches played following an MLS is Back Tournament at the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida during a pandemic.
- This year, the Galaxy are 2-1-0 in home games, with six goals scored and three conceded.
- Unbeaten in seven?
- Will we see more magic from Cristian Pavon?
- How many minutes will we see from JDS and Chicharito?
- Can the backline continue a streak that has seen two-straight shutouts?
- Can Efra Alvarez pull the strings needed on offense?
- Match preview: https://www.lagalaxy.com/post/2020/09/18/match-preview-la-galaxy-vs-colorado-rapids-sept-19-2020
- The team celebrates LA Galaxy fan Ethan as he courageously battles cancer: https://www.lagalaxy.com/post/2020/09/14/la-galaxy-players-la-galaxy-foundation-celebrate-birthday-ethan-galaxy-fan-battling?autoplay=true
- Latinx Heritage Month: LA Galaxy Mexican heroes of past and present: https://www.lagalaxy.com/post/2020/09/16/watch-mural-la-galaxy-mexican-heroes-past-present-and-future-latinx-heritage-month?autoplay=true
- Never too late to see yourself in DHSP this year: https://www.lagalaxy.com/post/2020/09/13/see-yourself-dhsp-la-galaxy-fan-cutouts-presented-snhu-now-available
You’re Welcome Lyrics – Dwayne Johnson (from the “Moana” motion picture soundtrack)
I see what's happening, yeah
You're face-to-face with greatness and it's strange
You don't even know how you feel
Well, it's nice to see that humans never change
Open your eyes, let's begin
Yes, it's really me
It's Maui! Breathe it in
I know it's a lot:
The hair, the bod!
When you're staring at a demigod
What can I say except "You're welcome"
For the tides, the sun, the sky?
Hey, it's OK, it's OK. You're welcome
I'm just an ordinary demi-guy!
Hey, what has two thumbs and pulled up the sky
When you were waddling yea high?
When the nights got cold, who stole you fire from down below?
You're looking at him, yo!
Oh, also I lassoed the sun
To stretch your days and bring you fun
Also, I harnessed the breeze
To fill your sails and shake your trees
So what can I say except "You're welcome"
For the islands I pulled from the sea?
There's no need to pray, it's OK
I guess it's just my way of being me
You're welcome, you're welcome
Well, come to think of it
Kid, honestly I could go on and on
I could explain every natural phenomenon
The tide, the grass, the ground
Oh, that was Maui just messing around
I killed an eel, I buried its guts
Sprouted a tree, now you've got coconuts
What's the lesson? What is the take-away?
Don't mess with Maui when he's on the break-away
And the tapestry here in my skin
Is a map of the victories I win
Look where I've been. I make everything happen
Look at that mean mini Maui just tickety-tappin'!
Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, hey!
Well, anyway, let me say you're welcome!
For the wonderful world you know
Hey, it's OK, it's OK. You're welcome!
Well, come to think of it, I gotta go
Hey, it's your day to say you're welcome!
'Cause I'm gonna need that boat
I'm sailing away, away. You're welcome!
'Cause Maui can do everything but float
You're welcome, you're welcome
And thank you!