LOS ANGELES (Saturday, May 29, 2021) – LA Galaxy II (3-2-2, 11 points) earned a 4-3 victory on the road against Orange County SC as Los Dos extended their record to 3-1-2 in their previous six matches. Midfielder Jorge Hernandez scored his team-leading fourth goal of the season as Preston Judd, Joshua Drack and Sebastian Nava also tallied to give the visitors all three points on the evening.
Los Dos started the game strong with two goals in the opening 13 minutes of the contest, with 2021 MLS SuperDraft selection Josh Drack involved in both. Forward Preston Judd scored in the fourth minute of play on an assist from fellow SuperDraft pick Drack before Drack tallied a goal of his own in the 13th minute.
Prior to the close of the first half, OCSC answered with a goal from Chris Wehan in the 33rd minute before Jorge Hernandez gave the visitors their third of the night with a penalty kick goal in the 39th minute to make the score 3-1 going into the break.
In the second half, the hosts came storming back with two goals in 11 minutes as Eero Markkanen and Mikko Kunigas scored in the 58th and 67th minute, respectively, to even the score at 3-3.
LA Galaxy II’s Sebastian Nava gave the visitors a late lead, though, as he scored an 88th-minute game winner on the road against Southern California counterparts OCSC.
Junior Gonzalez’ side is now 3-2-2 on the season and 3-1-2 in their last six games. In their next match, LA Galaxy II face Charleston Battery on Friday, June 4 on the road.
Man of the Match – Midfielder Jorge Hernandez
Hernandez tallied his team-leading fourth goal of the season and also recorded the game-winning assist to give LA Galaxy II a road victory against Southern California rivals OCSC.
LA – Preston Judd (Assisted by Josh Drack) 4’
LA – Josh Drack 13’
OCSC – Chris Wehan 33’
LA – Jorge Hernandez (penalty) 39’
OCSC – Eero Markkanen (Assisted by Chris Wehan) 58’
OCSC – Mikko Kunigas (Assisted by Brent Richard) 67’
LA – Sebastian Nava (Assisted by Jorge Hernandez) 88’
LA Galaxy II: Justin Vom Steeg; Owen Lamb, Marcus Ferkranus, Jesus Vazquez, Isaac Bawa; Axel Picazo (Augustine Williams 63’), Jorge Hernandez, Adrian Gonzalez (Sebastian Nava 73’), Daniel Aguirre, Joshua Drack (Jonathan Perez 79’); Preston Judd (Taylor Davila 63’).
Bench: Eric Lopez, Adrian Aguilar, Remi Cabral.
Head Coach: Junior Gonzalez
Referee: Joseph Salinas
STATS: TOTAL SHOTS: 6; SHOTS ON GOAL: 3; FOULS: 20; OFFSIDE: 1; CORNER KICKS: 3; SAVES: 2.
- LA Galaxy II earned a 4-3 win on the road against Orange County SC on Saturday night at OC Great Park.
- This year, Los Dos are now 3-2-2 with 11 points, with 15 goals scored and nine conceded for a +6 goal differential.
- LA Galaxy II are now 3-1-2 in their previous six matches.
- Midfielder Jorge Hernandez scored his fourth goal of the season.
- Hernandez leads all LA Galaxy II players in scoring this year.
- Two LA Galaxy 2021 MLS SuperDraft Selections – Preston Judd and Josh Drack – scored on the evening.
- LA Galaxy II featured four first-team players on Saturday evening: Justin Vom Steeg, Markus Ferkranus, Jonathan Perez, Augustine Williams.
- Head Coach Junior Gonzalez now holds a 18-14-7 record throughout his head coaching tenure with LA Galaxy II and has led the team to two-consecutive playoff appearances.
- In 2020, Los Dos finished the regular season 8-6-2 with 26 points (4-3-1 at home and 4-3-1 on the road), earning them second place in Group B standings and clinching a berth in the USL Championship Playoffs for the second-straight season.
- LA Galaxy II compete in the USL Championship Western Conference Pacific Division for the 2021 campaign alongside the following clubs: Las Vegas Lights FC, Oakland Roots SC, Orange County SC, Phoenix Rising FC, Sacramento Republic FC, San Diego Loyal SC and Tacoma Defiance.
- For more information, visit www.lagalaxy.com.