LA Galaxy II (7-2-8, 29 points) defeated Orange County Blues FC (6-7-3, 21 points) 2-1 behind goals from Adonis Amaya and Jack McBean on Saturday night at StubHub Center Track & Field Stadium. Los Dos are now unbeaten in their last seven fixtures.
For the second straight match and in his second straight start, forward Adonis Amaya opened the scoring for Los Dos. After gaining possession in their own half, Jaime Villarreal sent a near half-field ball straight up the middle of the field to Amaya. Amaya chested the ball forward in stride, took a touch and put the ball near post past Orange County’s Joshua Cohen for his second goal on the season.
LA would close out the first period with its seventh consecutive shutout half.
Blues FC applied the early pressure in the second half, but LA Galaxy II were able to hold firm and finally get some breathing room in the 78th when Jack McBean was knocked off his feet in Orange County’s box. A penalty was called and McBean successfully converted the kick for his 13th USL goal of the season. He continues to the lead the league in scoring.
But Orange County would strike back quickly. Treven Caesar dribbled his way through the Galaxy defense before slotting home an impressive solo-goal effort in the 81st minute.
Los Dos were able to weather the tense remaining minutes and earned their second straight victory.
Next, Los Dos have a two week break before they head to Portland to take on Timbers 2 at Merlo Field; kick off is set for 2:00 p.m. PT. It will be the two sides’ first meeting of 2016.
For a full LA Galaxy II schedule visit www.lagalaxy.com/schedule/2.
LA – Adonis Amaya (Assisted by Jaime Villarreal) 34’ Jack McBean (penalty kick) 78’
OC – Treven Caesar 81’
LA Galaxy II Starting XI: Clement Diop ©; Josh Turnley, Jeff Payeras, Lee Nishanian, Nathan Smith (Oscar Sorto 84’); Bryam Rebellon, Jaime Villarreal, Alejandro Covarrubias, Ryo Fujii (Raul Mendiola 74’); Jose Villarreal (Ethan Zubak 29’), Adonis Amaya (Jack McBean 21’).
Substitutions not used: Bennett Sneddon, Christian Onalfo, Oscar Sorto, Adrian Vera
- LA Galaxy II (7-2-8, 29 points) defeated Orange County Blues FC (6-6-3, 21 points) 2-1 on Saturday, July 2. It was the Galaxy’s second straight win after a 2-0 win against Tulsa Roughnecks FC on June 24.
- Los Dos are now unbeaten in their last seven games (DWDDDWW).
- Jaime Villarreal is the only player on Los Dos to have featured in each match of the 2016 season (17).
- Adonis Amaya scored in his second straight goal in his second straight start for Los Dos.
- Jack McBean scored his 13th goal of the season for LA Galaxy II. He leads the league with 13 goals.
- Jaime Villarreal earned his third assist of the season in Saturday’s match. Ja. Villarreal now leads the team in that category.
- 12 players have scored for LA Galaxy II in 2016. That’s tied with San Antonio FC for most goalscorers in the Western Conference.
- Orange County has never won at StubHub Center. LA is 5-0-1 against Orange County at home.
- Los Dos are 6-1-4 at StubHub Center in 2016. Orange County Blues are 1-5-2 on the road.
- Los Dos lead the USL in goals scored (33). McBean leads the USL in goals scored (13). goals.
- Forward Jack McBean was signed to LA Galaxy on Wednesday, June 22.
- Next, Los Dos have a two week break before they head to Portland to take on Timbers 2 at Merlo Field; kick off is set for 2:00 p.m. PT. It will be the two sides’ first meeting of 2016.
- For a full LA Galaxy II schedule, visitwww.lagalaxy.com/2.