Starting XI: GK Jonathan Bond, D Kelvin Leerdam, D Maya Yoshida, D Chris Mavinga, D Raheem Edwards; M Mark Delgado, M Uri Rosell, M Riqui Puig ©, M Tyler Boyd, M Diego Fagundez; F Billy Sharp
Substitutes: GK Novak Mićović, D Julián Aude, D Mauricio Cuevas, D Eriq Zavaleta; M Daniel Aguirre, M Edwin Cerrillo, M Jonathan Pérez; F Michael Barrios; F Dejan Joveljić
- Jonathan Bond makes his 21st league appearance (21st start) in tonight’s match against Austin.
- Suriname International defender Kelvin Leerdam, who makes his second consecutive start, makes his 16th regular-season appearance (10th start) for the Galaxy during the 2023 campaign.
- Japanese International defender Maya Yoshida makes his seventh consecutive start in tonight’s match against Austin. In six matches played since making his debut for Galaxy on Aug. 26, Yoshida ranks sixth in completed passes (362; 93.1%) tied for eighth in MLS in clearances (28) and tied for eighth in interceptions (10) with a goal scored and two shutout performances during that span.
- Chris Mavinga, who makes his fifth consecutive start dating back Sept. 2, makes his 18th regular-season appearance (13th start) in his first season with the Galaxy.
- Raheem Edwards, who tallied an assist in the 4-3 win over Minnesota United FC on Sept. 20, makes his 25th appearance (19th start) for the Galaxy this season in tonight’s match against Austin FC.
- Mark Delgado, who recorded the game-winning goal against Austin FC at Q2 Stadium on May 8, 2022, makes his 32nd appearance (27th start) across all competitions for the Galaxy in tonight’s match.
- Uri Rosell makes his eighth start across all competitions dating back to July 30 in tonight’s match against Austin FC. In six matches played dating back to Aug. 26, Rosell ranks 10th in MLS in completed passes (345; 94.5%), leads the Galaxy with 34 possessions won and ranks third on the team in touches (407) during that span.
- 2023 MLS All-Star Riqui Puig, who has tallied five goals and five assists in his last 10 regular-season appearances dating back to July 1, captains the Galaxy in tonight’s match. Puig ranks first in the league in touches (2,618), passes attempted (2,084), passes completed (1,795) and successful passes entering the final third (604), second in dribbles completed (90) and fourth in MLS in chances created from open play (53) during the 2023 campaign.
- Tyler Boyd, who has recorded seven goals scored and four assists in 33 matches played (26 starts) across all competitions this season for LA, starts out wide in tonight’s match.
- Diego Fagundez, who scored the game-winning goal against Minnesota United FC on Sept. 20, gets the start out wide in tonight’s match against his former club. With his next goal scored, Fagundez (352 GP, 69 G, 70 A) will become the 10th player in MLS history to record 70 goals and 70 assists in regular-season play.
- Billy Sharp, who was named the MLS Player of the Matchday for Matchday 33 after recording a hat-trick against Minnesota United FC on Sept. 20, makes his second-consecutive start in tonight’s match against Austin. In six matches played since making his Galaxy debut on Aug. 26, Sharp ranks second in MLS in goals scored (6) behind only Columbus Crew forward Cucho Hernandez (7).