Starting XI: GK Jonathan Bond, D Mauricio Cuevas, D Maya Yoshida, D Chris Mavinga, D Raheem Edwards; M Mark Delgado, M Uri Rosell, M Riqui Puig ©, M Tyler Boyd, M Diego Fagundez; F Billy Sharp
Substitutes: GK Novak Mićović, D Tony Alfaro, D Julián Aude, D Kelvin Leerdam; M Daniel Aguirre, M Edwin Cerrillo, M Douglas Costa; F Michael Barrios; F Dejan Joveljić
- Jonathan Bond, who made three saves and posted his fourth shutout of the 2023 campaign in a 0-0 draw against Houston Dynamo FC on Sept. 2, makes his 19th league appearance (19th start) in tonight’s match against LAFC. Bond holds a 2-1-2 record in five career MLS regular season matches played against LAFC.
- Mauricio Cuevas, a U.S. U-20 Men's Youth National Team defender, makes his second consecutive start for the Galaxy in tonight’s match against LAFC. Cuevas has made four league appearances (2 starts) for the Galaxy during the 2023 campaign.
- Japanese International defender* Maya Yoshida* makes his fifth consecutive start in tonight’s match against LAFC. In three matches played since making his debut for Galaxy on Aug. 26, Yoshida ranks third in MLS in clearances (23), fourth in completed (242; 94.5%) and tied for fifth in interceptions (7) with two shutout performances during that span.
- Chris Mavinga, who has made 15 league appearances (10 starts) in his first season with the Galaxy, starts alongside Yoshida.
- Raheem Edwards returns to the starting lineup after missing the last match due to yellow-card suspension. Edwards has recorded one goal and two assists in 22 league appearances (16 starts) in his second season with the Galaxy.
- Mark Delgado, who recorded two assists in a 2-0 US. Open Cup Round of 16 win over LAFC at BMO Stadium on May 23, makes his 30th appearance (25th start) across all competitions for the Galaxy in tonight’s match.
- Uri Rosell makes his sixth start across all competitions dating back to July 30 in tonight’s match against LAFC. Rosell tallied his first assist of the season last week against St. Louis CITY SC.
- 2023 MLS All-Star Riqui Puig, who has tallied six goals and four assists in his last 10 appearances across all competitions dating back to July 1, captains the Galaxy in tonight’s match. In seven league since tallying a goal and an assist against LAFC on July 4, Puig ranks third in MLS with eight goal contributions (5 goals, 3 assists) behind only Vancouver Whitecaps FC’s Ryan Gauld (6 goals, 4 assists) and FC Cincinnati’s Luciano Acosta (4 goals, 5 assists) during that span.
- Diego Fagundez, who has recorded 68 goals and 68 assists in 350 career MLS regular season appearances (263 starts), makes his second start for the Galaxy during the 2023 campaign. Fagundez has recorded three goals and two assists in eight career regular-season appearances (6 starts) against LAFC.
- Tyler Boyd, who has recorded seven goals scored and two assists in 31 matches played (24 starts) across all competitions this season for LA, starts out wide in tonight’s match. In three matches played across all competitions against LAFC this season, Boyd has recorded three goals and one assist.
- Billy Sharp makes his first career start for the LA Galaxy in tonight’s match against LAFC. Sharp has scored two goals in four appearances off the bench across 88 minutes played this season for the Galaxy.