Starting XI: GK Jonathan Bond, D Kelvin Leerdam, D Maya Yoshida, D Chris Mavinga, D Raheem Edwards; M Mark Delgado, M Edwin Cerrillo, M Uri Rosell, M Riqui Puig ©, M Tyler Boyd; F Billy Sharp
Substitutes: GK Novak Mićović, D Tony Alfaro, D Julián Aude, D Mauricio Cuevas; M Daniel Aguirre, M Diego Fagundez, M Jonathan Pérez; F Michael Barrios; F Dejan Joveljić
- Jonathan Bond makes his 20th league appearance (20th start) in tonight’s match against Minnesota. With his next appearance, Bond will move into a tie with David Bingham for the second-most regular-season appearances (85) by a goalkeeper in LA Galaxy history.
- Suriname International defender* Kelvin Leerdam, whose last start in league play was against Vancouver Whitecaps FC on July 15, makes his 15th regular-season appearance (9th start) for the Galaxy during the 2023 campaign. Japanese International defender Maya Yoshida* makes his sixth consecutive start in tonight’s match against Minnesota. In three matches played since making his debut for Galaxy on Aug. 26, Yoshida ranks tied for third in MLS in clearances (25) and third in completed passes (311; 94.8%) with a goal scored and two shutout performances during that span. Chris Mavinga, who has made 16 league appearances (11 starts) in his first season with the Galaxy, starts alongside Yoshida.
- Canadian International defender Raheem Edwards, who played for Minnesota United FC during the 2020 MLS Regular Season, makes his 24th appearance (18th start) for the Galaxy this season in tonight’s match against the Loons.
- Mark Delgado, who recorded a goal in his last appearance against Minnesota on June 29, 2022, makes his 31st appearance (26th start) across all competitions for the Galaxy in tonight’s match.
- Uri Rosell makes his seventh start across all competitions dating back to July 30 in tonight’s match against Minnesota United FC. Rosell tallied his first assist of the season against St. Louis CITY SC at home on Sept. 10.
- Edwin Cerrillo, who has recorded one assist in four appearances (3 starts) for the Galaxy this season, returns to the starting lineup in tonight’s match.
- 2023 MLS All-Star Riqui Puig, who has tallied six goals and four assists in his last 11 appearances across all competitions dating back to July 1, captains the Galaxy in tonight’s match. In eight league matches played dating back to July 4, Puig ranks third in MLS with eight goal contributions (5 goals, 3 assists) behind only Vancouver Whitecaps FC’s Ryan Gauld (6 goals, 5 assists) and FC Cincinnati’s Luciano Acosta (4 goals, 5 assists) during that span.
- Tyler Boyd, who has recorded seven goals scored and three assists in 32 matches played (25 starts) across all competitions this season for LA, starts out wide in tonight’s match.
- Billy Sharp makes his first start at home for the LA Galaxy in tonight’s match against Minnesota. With his goal scored against LAFC on Sept. 16, Billy Sharp has recorded three goals in five appearances (1 start) across 159 minutes played for the LA Galaxy during the 2023 campaign. Sharp leads MLS in goals scored per 90 minutes played (1.7 goals per 90) amongst all players that have played a minimum of 50 minutes this season.