Starting XI: GK Jonathan Bond, D Mauricio Cuevas, D Eriq Zavaleta, D Maya Yoshida ©, D Raheem Edwards; M Mark Delgado, M Edwin Cerrillo, M Uri Rosell, M Douglas Costa, M Tyler Boyd; F Billy Sharp
Substitutes: GK Novak Mićović, D Tony Alfaro, D Julián Aude, D Kelvin Leerdam; M Daniel Aguirre, M Diego Fagundez, M Jonathan Pérez; F Michael Barrios; F Dejan Joveljić
- Jonathan Bond makes his 22nd league appearance (22nd start) in tonight’s match against Portland. In five regular-season appearances against the Timbers, Bond holds a 3-1-1 record and a 1.40 goals-against average against Portland.
- U.S. Youth International defender Mauricio Cuevas, makes his sixth regular-season appearance (4th start) during the 2023 campaign in tonight’s match against Portland.
- Japanese International defender Maya Yoshida makes his eighth consecutive start in tonight’s match against the Timbers. In seven matches played since making his debut for Galaxy on Aug. 26, Yoshida ranks second in MLS in completed passes (431; 93.1%), tied for fifth in the league in clearances (32) and tied for seventh in interceptions (11) with a goal scored and two shutout performances during that span.
- El Salvador International defender Eriq Zavaleta makes his first start for the Galaxy since playing 90 minutes in a 3-2 road win over the San Jose Earthquakes on Aug. 30. Zavaleta has made nine regular-season appearances (3 starts) during the 2023 MLS Regular Season.
- Raheem Edwards, who tallied an assist in the 4-3 win over Minnesota United FC on Sept. 20, makes his 26th appearance (20th start) for the Galaxy this season in tonight’s match against Portland.
- Mark Delgado, who has tallied two goals and three assists in 29 appearances (24 starts) during the 2023 MLS Regular Season, starts in midfield in tonight’s match.
- Uri Rosell makes his ninth start across all competitions dating back to July 30 in tonight’s match against the Timbers. In seven matches played dating back to Aug. 26, Rosell ranks fourth in MLS in completed passes (396; 95.2%), leads the Galaxy with 39 possessions won and ranks third on the team in touches (465) during that span.
- Edwin Cerrillo makes his seventh appearance (5th start) for the LA Galaxy since being acquired in a trade with FC Dallas on Aug. 3. Since making his debut on Aug. 26, the Waco, Texas, native has completed the fourth most passes on the Galaxy (293) and leads the league in passing accuracy (95.4%) amongst all players that have played a minimum of 250 minutes during that span.
- Tyler Boyd, who has recorded seven goals scored and four assists in 34 matches played (27 starts) across all competitions this season for LA, starts out wide in tonight’s match.
- Douglas Costa, who last started and played 68 minutes against St. Louis CITY SC on Sept. 10, gets the start out wide in tonight’s match. Costa has tallied one goal and 7 assists in 1,010 minutes played in 17 games played (12 starts) across all competitions during the 2023 campaign.
- Billy Sharp, who recorded an assist in the 3-3 come-from-behind draw against Austin FC on Sept. 2, makes his fourth start of the season in the match against the Timbers. In seven matches played since making his Galaxy debut on Aug. 26, Sharp ranks second in MLS in goals scored (6) behind only Columbus Crew forward Cucho Hernandez (7).