LA Galaxy II vs. Swope Park Rangers
Swope Soccer Village
August 27, 2016
2016 USL Regular Season
5:30 p.m. PT
LA Galaxy II (9-6-9, 36 points) fell 2-1 to Swope Park Rangers (9-9-6, 33 points) on Saturday night at Children’s Mercy Victory Field at Swope Soccer Village in Kansas City, Mo. The loss extends Los Dos’ winless streak to five.
In a first half that was end-to-end from first kick, Los Dos were first on the scoreboard in just the 2nd minute. After goalkeeper Clement Diop deflected an SPR cross away from danger, LA was quick to counter and made four passes to get to the other end of the field where Bradford Jamieson IV received the ball near the touchline and cut back inside the box before smashing home his first goal of the season from close range.
It wasn’t long before SPR would shift the momentum. In the 16th minute, Christian Duke headed home a well-placed Ayrton Pinheiro cross from the touchline that leveled the score. Less than ten minutes later, in the 25th minute, it was SPR’s Tommy Meyer who put a perfect cross into the area to set up an easy header finish for Mark Anthony Gonzalez.
The half ended 2-1, and Swope Park held LA scoreless in the second half to secure the three points at home.
Los Dos’ fixture with SPR was the third in a five-game consecutive road streak for LA. They are 0-2-1 in the first three road games.
Next, Los Dos are away midweek to take on Arizona United SC at Peoria Sports Complex on Wednesday, Aug. 13 at 7:30 p.m. LA is 2-0-0 in matches with Arizona this season, outscoring the side 6-1 in both games combined. For a full LA Galaxy II schedule, visit www.lagalaxy.com/schedule/2.
LA – Bradford Jamieson IV (Assisted by Jose Villarreal) 2’
SPR – Christian Duke (Assisted by Ayrton Pinheiro) 16’, Mark Anthony Gonzalez (Assisted by Tommy Meyer) 25’
LA Galaxy II: Clement Diop; Nathan Smith (Bryam Rebellon 89’), Lee Nishanian, Jefrey Payeras, Oscar Sorto (Adonis Amaya 85’); Bradford Jamieson IV, Ryo Fujii, Jaime Villarreal; Ethan Zubak (Denzel Slager 76’), Jose Villarreal, Raul Mendiola
Substitutions not used: Eric Lopez, Bradley Diallo
- LA Galaxy II (9-6-9, 36 points) fell 2-1 to Swope Park Rangers (9-9-6, 33 points) on Saturday night at Children’s Mercy Victory Field at Swope Soccer Village in Kansas City, Mo.
- LA Galaxy II are winless in their last five matches, their longest winless streak of the season.
- Tonight’s match was the first-ever contest between LA Galaxy II and Swope Park Rangers.
- LA Galaxy’s Bradford Jamieson IV scored his first goal of the season for Los Dos. He has one goal and two assists in eleven appearances.
- Jamieson IV’s goal in the 2nd minute was the Los Dos’ fastest goal of the season.
- 15 players have scored for LA Galaxy II in 2016, the most of any Western Conference team.
- Los Dos are now 3-3-5 on the road in 2016. Swope Park Rangers are 7-3-1 at home.
- Los Dos lead the Western Conference in goals scored (44). McBean leads LA Galaxy II with 15 goals. Jaime and Jose Villarreal lead the team with four assists each.
- Next, Los Dos are away midweek to take on Arizona United SC at Peoria Sports Complex on Wednesday, Aug. 31 at 7:30 p.m. LA is 2-0-0 in matches with Arizona this season, outscoring the side 6-1 in both games combined. For a full LA Galaxy II schedule, visit www.lagalaxy.com/schedule/2.
LA Galaxy II is now offering the Endless Soccer Ticket Package for Los Dos’ three remaining home matches of the 2016 season. Fans who purchase the package will receive four tickets to an LA Galaxy II match, four LA Galaxy coolers and four coupons for free soda from Shasta Beverages. To purchase the Endless Soccer Ticket Package click here.