LOS ANGELES (Wednesday, April 10, 2019) – The LA Galaxy announced today the launch of the LA Galaxy Champion Project, a community-driven program that will see the club partner with local elementary schools to provide soccer programming and opportunities to grow the game of soccer while promoting health, wellness and leadership development with local youth.
“It is paramount for our club to continually be investing in our community by supporting and empowering our youth,” said LA Galaxy Chris Klein. “Los Angeles is a city of champions and we are committed to provide these local students with the resources, confidence and guidance to become their own champion. The LA Galaxy Champion Program will be one of our key club efforts as we pursue those goals.”
The LA Galaxy Champion Project focuses exclusively on local Carson elementary schools within a five-mile radius of Dignity Health Sports Park. Students at these 10 elementary schools will receive various programming and support from the LA Galaxy throughout the year, including dedicated on-site events and specialized soccer items to have at each school. As part of the LA Galaxy Champion Program, nearly 5,000 Carson youths will have the opportunity and resources to play soccer throughout the entire school year.
Additionally, The LA Galaxy and Dignity Health Sports Park will host a Summer Break and Back to School Friday Night Lights soccer clinic which invites local Carson youth for a 90-minute soccer clinic held on outside fields at Dignity Health Sports Park.
The LA Galaxy Champion Project follows the LA Galaxy Foundation’s partnership with the Garden School Foundation and Playworks, which has seen the LA Galaxy support various local elementary schools in the previous years, including a beautification and mural initiative at Leapwood Avenue Elementary in addition to other regular programming.
LA Galaxy Champion Project Elementary Schools
- Towne Avenue Elementary School
- Leapwood Avenue Elementary School
- Annalee Avenue Elementary School
- Bonita Street Elementary School
- Carson Street Elementary School
- Dolores Street Elementary School
- Catskill Avenue Elementary School
- Del Amo Elementary School
- Dominguez Elementary School
- 232nd Street Elementary School
LA Galaxy Champion Project benefits include:
LA Galaxy Champion School Swag
- All schools will receive an official LA Galaxy gear to be posted throughout classrooms and campus to designated the LA Galaxy Champion partnership.
Soccer Equipment for Each School
- Each school will receive various soccer equipment to continue soccer programming available to students throughout the school year.
LA Galaxy Champion Day at Each School
- Featuring a celebratory soccer clinic for the entire school to encourage and guide students to play soccer.
LA Galaxy Champion Program and Honoree Experience at Galaxy Home Games
- Select students and teachers representing the LA Galaxy Core Values will receive LA Galaxy school materials and access to attend an LA Galaxy home game, where they will be honored pregame on the field.
Ongoing Partnership and Support from the LA Galaxy
- As a benefit to students and teacher, the LA Galaxy will host Friday Night Light soccer clinics to kickoff and conclude the school year with all schools receiving an ongoing fundraising ticket opportunity available for regular season LA Galaxy and LA Galaxy II home matches with opportunity to receive additional funding for special projects with LA Galaxy community partners such as Garden School Foundation and/or Playworks.