- The LA Galaxy are at home for their third straight contest, this time in another Friday-night showdown vs. LAFC at Dignity Health Sports Park. The building will be full, and soccer will be lifted high.
- Guillermo Barros Schelotto will make two changes to the Starting XI as Julian Araujo and Diego Polenta slot into the lineup in place of Jorgen Skjelvik and Efrain Alvarez.
- U.S. goalkeeper David Bingham starts his 55th straight MLS game in the net since joining the Galaxy. Despite conceding three goals last week, Bingham tallied 13 saves, a career high and the only time he has made double-digit saves in a single game.
- At right back is Rolf Feltscher, the veteran Venezuela international that recently re-joined the squad after returning from Copa America duty. It will mark the 13th start of the year for the man with perfect hair.
- Daniel Steres makes his 21st start this year. In addition to his stellar play along the backline, Steres has racked up three goals on the year, which remains the second most on the team. So there’s that.
- In his third-straight start since returning from Gold Cup action is Costa Rican Giancarlo Gonzalez. Gonzalez has been in strong form this year since joining the Galaxy from Serie A, a league in which they serve delicious pizza and pasta.
- Out wide on the left is Diego Polenta, who loves three things and three things only: soccer, riding horses in Uruguay and playing great defense. Polenta slides left outside his normal central position.
- Midfielder Jonathan dos Santos once again will control the midfield in his second-straight start since triumphantly returning to the LA Galaxy starting XI after scoring the match winner against the USMNT in the Gold Cup Final. JDS is in top form.
- Alongside Dos Santos in the midfield mix is Joe Corona, the U.S. Men’s National team veteran who was signed to the Galaxy through the use of Target Allocation Money on March 6. Corona is set to make his 18h start in MLS this season.
- Slotting into the lineup is the talented youngster and USYNT player Julian Araujo, who will play higher up the field on Friday evening. Araujo brings speed, athleticism and defensive cover on the right.
- Favio Alvarez is slated to make his ninth-straight MLS start for the Galaxy since signing earlier this year. Alvarez has provided a key spark to the Galaxy offense since joining the club. Favio >Fabio.
- Out wide is Uriel Antuna, who continues in the XI with his second-straight start after a breakout performance with Mexico at the Gold Cup. Antuna was one of the top performers for his country and brings back that momentum to the Galaxy of LA.
- Zlatan Ibrahimović starts. He is good at playing soccer and shooting the soccer ball.
- The LA Galaxy (11-8-1, 34 points) are 1-0-2 all-time against LAFC.
- Friday’s contest will mark the first contest between the two sides before meeting again next month.
- This year at home, the Galaxy are 7-4-0.
- At home, LA have scored 17 goals and conceded 14.
- The Galaxy are 10-1-0 this season when scoring the game’s opening goal, and 1-7-0 when conceding first.
- When leading at halftime, LA are 6-2-0. They are 5-2-1 when tied at halftime.
- Can LA bounce back from last weekend’s match vs. San Jose?
- Will Zlatan find the back of the net Friday?
- How will the Galaxy backline handle LAFC’s attack?
- How will Julian Araujo look playing higher up the field?
- How bad will LA traffic be on the freeways leading up to the game?
- What type of paternal insight can we expect from Jon Champion during tonight’s match?
- Match preview: https://www.lagalaxy.com/post/2019/07/17/match-preview-presented-welchs-fruit-snacks-la-galaxy-vs-lafc
- Arrive early: https://www.lagalaxy.com/post/2019/07/17/la-galaxy-advise-fans-arrive-early-july-19-match-vs-lafc
- Los Angeles landmark reppin’ the LA Galaxy: https://www.lagalaxy.com/post/2019/07/18/ferris-wheel-pacific-park-light-la-galaxy-colors-ahead-match-friday
- Juan Carlos Ortega takes over Galaxy Academy: https://www.lagalaxy.com/post/2019/07/19/la-galaxy-name-juan-carlos-ortega-director-methodology-and-development
- Safe standing is here: https://www.lagalaxy.com/post/2019/07/11/la-galaxy-create-safe-standing-supporters-section-dignity-health-sports-park
- Zlatan on important matters: https://www.lagalaxy.com/post/2019/07/18/what-does-zlatan-ibrahimovic-think-inside-area-51-answer-will-astound-you?autoplay=true
- Locker room
- Nothing needed
- On the fly
Queen Lyrics – Hammer to Fall
Here we stand or here we fall
History won't care at all
Make the bed, light the light
Lady Mercy won't be home tonight
You don't waste no time at all
Don't hear the bell but you answer the call
It comes to you as to us all
Yeah, we're just waiting for the hammer to fall, yeah
Oh every night, and every day
A little piece of you is falling away
But lift your face the Western way
Build your muscles as your body decays, yeah
Tow the line and play their game
Yeah, let the anesthetic cover it all
'Til one day they call your name
You know it's time for the hammer to fall