Starting XI: David Bingham; Rolf Feltscher, Daniel Steres, Giancarlo Gonzalez, Emiliano Insua; Sebastian Lletget, Sacha Kljestan, Perry Kitchen, Cameron Dunbar; Cristian Pavon, Chicharito ©.
Substitions: Justin Vom Steeg, Eric Lopez, Nick DePuy, Diedie Traore, Julian Araujo, Efrain Alvarez, Emil Cuello, Ethan Zubak, Gordon Wild, Carlos Harvey.
- Beginning in March, 2020. All the hard kombucha. All the video conference calls, happy hours and events. All the watching reruns of that some sporting event from 1994. It has all led to this moment. Monday Night
FootballSoccer. The LA Galaxy take the field for the first time since March 7 when they play the Portland Timbers Monday night on Mickey’s home turf, the ESPN Wide World of Sports complex at Disney.
- On Monday evening, LA Galaxy Head Coach Guillermo Barros Schelotto will roll out a lineup mixed with MLS experience, international talent and the debut of an LA Galaxy homegrown: Cameron Dunbar.
- In net, David Bingham continues between the pipes for LA. With 165 total MLS appearances in his career, Bingham has been the guy for LA since joining in 2018 from San Jose.
- On the right is the Venezuelan international Rolf Feltscher, who is actually an incredible singer. Rolf has been the Galaxy’s first-choice right back since joining the club three seasons ago.
- In the middle is Daniel Steres, one of the the longest-tenured member of the LA Galaxy, who is set to make his 103rd appearance as a member of the club.
- Alongside Steres is Costa Rican international Giancarlo Gonzalez, who joined the club in 2019. Gonzalez has featured in 39 previous MLS games, including 17 with the Columbus Crew in 2014.
- On the left is Emiliano Insua, the well-traveled veteran who has featured for teams in England, Turkey, Spain, Portugal and Germany, including for the most recent Premier League winners, Liverpool. Insua makes his third start for the club.
- Shifting out wide on the right is Da’ Boy Sebastian Lletget, who can play all across the midfield. He makes his 93rd start and 114th appearance for the club on Monday.
- In the center of the midfield is veteran Sacha Kljestan, who returned to Southern California this offseason after signing with the club.
- Rounding out the central midfield pairing is fellow U.S. and MLS veteran Perry Kitchen, who steps into the starting lineup with the absence of Jonathan dos Santos (injury) and Joe Corona (red card suspension).
- Out wide on the left is 17-year-old Cameron Dunbar, a product of the LA Galaxy Academy. Dunbar will make his first start and appearance overall in MLS. Since 2015, he has scored over 70 goals in the U.S. Developmental Academy from the U-16 and up level.
- Pulling the strings on offense is the immensely talented Cristian Pavon, who lit it up since joining the Galaxy last summer. Pavon tallied four goals and 8 assists in 13 appearances since joining LA last year.
- Up top is Mexican star Javier “Chicharito” Hernandez, who will make his third appearance in an LA Galaxy kit when he takes the field Monday night. Mexico’s leading goal scorer will look to tally his first while representing Los Angeles on Monday evening.
- This is the first ever match the LA Galaxy will play on the Walt Disney World campus’ ESPN Wide World of Sports during a global pandemic.
- The LA Galaxy are 0-0-0 all time in MLS is Back Tournaments.
- The LA Galaxy have yet to concede a goal in their history during any MLS is Back Tournament play.
- Conversely, the LA Galaxy have scored 0 goals all-time in MLS is Back Tournaments.
- How will the LA Galaxy fare in their first contest in over four months?
- Can Chicharito get on the score sheet?
- How will 17-year-old Cam Dunbar look in his first MLS action?
- How will Guillermo utilize 5 substitutions in the Florida heat?
- Can the Galaxy backline shut down Portland’s attack?
- Can Pavon continue his fine form from the start of the year/last season?
- Decent sendoff. Hundreds of LA Galaxy fans lined up Driveway A at Dignity Health Sports Park to see off the boys on their way to ORL: https://www.lagalaxy.com/post/2020/07/04/la-galaxy-fans-turned-out-force-teams-send-rally-mls-back-tournament?autoplay=true
- Club legend. Kevin Hartman named the new LA Galaxy Academy Director: https://www.lagalaxy.com/post/2020/07/09/la-galaxy-name-kevin-hartman-director-la-galaxy-academy
- New merch. The Galaxy revealed the TOGETHER AT HOME clothing collection so you can look good while you stay safe at home: https://www.lagalaxy.com/post/2020/07/09/la-galaxy-unveil-new-together-home-clothing-collection
- Black lives matter. Check out the LA Galaxy’s resources for helping in the fight against racism: https://www.lagalaxy.com/blacklivesmatter.