Starting XI: GK Jonathan Bond, D Calegari, D Eriq Zavaleta, D Maya Yoshida, D Raheem Edwards; M Edwin Cerrillo, M Uri Rosell, M Tyler Boyd, M Riqui Puig ©, M Douglas Costa; F Dejan Joveljić
Substitutes: GK Novak Mićović, D Julián Aude, D Tony Alfaro, D Kelvin Leerdam; M Daniel Aguirre, M Mark Delgado, M Diego Fagundez; F Michael Barrios; F Billy Sharp
- Jonathan Bond, who has posted two shutouts and 35 saves in 14 appearances (14 starts) during the 2023 MLS Regular Season campaign, gets the start in goal against Chicago. Bond started and played 90 minutes in the Galaxy’s 0-0 draw against Chicago on April 16, 2022.
- Calegari, a U-22 Initiative player, makes his 25th consecutive start for the Galaxy across all competitions in the match against Chicago. Calegari recorded an assist against Vancouver Whitecaps FC in Leagues Cup play on July 30.
- Making his first start in league play dating back to May 17 is Eriq Zavaleta, who has made seven appearances (2 starts) across all competitions for the Galaxy during the 2023 campaign.
- Making his LA Galaxy debut is defender Maya Yoshida, who has tallied 12 goals and two assists in 126 career appearances (120 starts) for the Japanese National Team. Yoshida has played in three FIFA World Cups (2014, 2018, 2022) and captained Japan to the Round of 16 of the 2022 edition of the FIFA World Cup.
- Raheem Edwards makes his 50th regular-season appearance (41st start) for the LA Galaxy in the match against Chicago. Edwards has tallied one goal and one assist in 24 appearances (15 starts) across all competitions for LA this season.
- Making his LA Galaxy debut is midfielder Edwin Cerrillo, who tallied four assists in 96 appearances (67 starts) across all competitions in five seasons played for FC Dallas (2019-23).
- Uri Rosell makes his second consecutive start across all competitions for the Galaxy in the match against the Fire. Rosell has made nine appearances (3 starts) across all competitions for LA during the 2023 campaign.
- 2023 MLS All-Star Riqui Puig, who has tallied three goals and four assist in his last six appearances across all competitions dating back to July 1, makes his 27th appearance (27th start) across all competitions and captains LA in the match against Chicago Fire FC. In his last appearance against Vancouver in Leagues Cup on July 30, Puig finished off a 17-pass team goal to record his fifth goal across all comps this season.
- Douglas Costa, who has tallied six assists in seven league appearances (6 starts) dating back to June 11, gets the start out wide. Costa’s six assists in league play dating back to June 11 ranks tied for third in the league during that span.
- Tyler Boyd, who ranks tied for first on the team with five goals scored and has added two assists in 27 matches played (20 starts) across all competitions this season for LA, starts out wide in the match against Chicago.
- Dejan Joveljić, who has tallied two goals and four assists in 25 games played (14 starts) across all competitions this season, gets the start up top for the Galaxy.