The LA Galaxy is committed to honoring police, fire, and military personnel and their families through its Hero of the Game program. In 2017, 17 honorees were featured as the Hero of the Game prior to each regular season home match to express the organizations gratitude for the sacrifice and service provided by these individuals. Heroes are treated to (4) tickets to the match along with dinner for (4) in the American Express Stadium Club.
Game day protocol:
- Arrival Time: Honoree & their family will arrive an hour and a half prior to kickoff upon gates opening
- Upon entrance into the stadium, honoree will report directly to the American Express Stadium Club for dinner where a department staff member from the LA Galaxy Foundation will greet them
- After dinner Honoree will be escorted with one guest on field 30 minutes prior to kickoff while remainder of the party will head to their seats
- Introduction prior to the national anthem
- Hero will also be recognized with a:30 second biography to take place at halftime
- Please note, honoree is required to dress in uniform during above mentioned recognition
Nominations are now being accepted for 2018 regular season home matches. Upon submission, your nomination will be reviewed by the LA Galaxy Foundation. If selected, a member from the LA Galaxy Foundation will contact the honoree at least 2-weeks prior to game date to confirm availability and discuss game day logistics.